Dear pi rocker,
We are very glad to tell that ROCK Pi X, the very first x86 sbc from us, it finally finishes the training and steps outside world for the community review. Currently the status is as below:
- Windows 10 is running fine with eMMC
- Ubuntu 20.04 is running fine with eMMC
- uSD card booting is not supported
- You can install OS to USB driver/USB HDD as well
- HDMI/Audio/Mic/USB/uSD card is working fine under Windows
- Need trivial fix for Ubuntu 20.04 configuration panel audio setting
- AP6255 works under Windows with driver installation, for Ubuntu we need to add wifi/bt firmware
- wifi/bt performance is not the best now, we are in the process of tuning it
- PoE HAT works
- 40P GPIO is not tested under Windows(any ideas how?)
- Testing I2C/SPI under Linux is on the todo list, buses are exported
We are not planning big changes for the massive production, so if you are an open source software developer or you have some project ideas with ROCK Pi X, you can start a new topic, describing your project ideas. If people like your ideas and give hearts for you topics. We will send out the samples, the more like, the sooner the samples will be sent.
Currently we have only 4GB model B samples available.