One step forward

Dual Intel 1Gbit/s RJ45 would make this a killer board for pfsense and home network. Would this be possible?

Jack let me know if samples are still available.

No dual RJ45 for ROCK Pi X.

> *Damned my project of Arma3 server or DayZ server under this board is not possible :sleepy:*
> *But still good hardware :slight_smile:*

Well after checking hardware, this sbc seem compliant for custom game server for Arma3. Can be good alternative of VPS or dedicated VM of many webhosters.

@jack in case of you have a spare unit not planned to more critical project, i will glady ask for free sample for testing, installing, modding a gamer server onto.

Any reason it will not work with Ubuntu 18.04? Iā€™m building a robot using ROS Melodic and it needs 18.04 and the SDK Iā€™m using requires an x86. I recently purchased a Atomic Pi but would rather switch to this (I wasnā€™t sure this would ever come out, to be honestā€¦). If itā€™ll run 18.04, I would love a sample if available to a hobbyist. You can see my build log here:

You know, I have been developing for Feather, Raspberry Pi, and numerous other small boards. I have done quite a bit of work with windows and servers, and programming C++ macros and applications. Iā€™m currently in a process of remaking a few smart home appliances, and beginning to trim down my power profile usage. Iā€™ve been playing with the Atomic Pi, but would much rather work with something newer and more powerful that can handle some of the tasks that i would toss on it. As an example, I made a connected water well pump for the house. it not only is connected to the house system, and able to be controlled by it, it makes its own decisions based on inputs but in near real time, as im messing with water pressure, 240VAC, 10+ amps, and multiple kill checks, along with intelligently keeping the pump cool, avoid running dry and measuring volume to list a few. needless to say i would love to test this device out and start wringing some good stuff for it!

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping a USB NIC such as these should work https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Gigabit-Ethernet-Network-Adapter/dp/B0095EFXMC
https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Ethernet-Gigabit-Network-Compatible/dp/B00AQM8586

Iā€™ve seen comments elsewhere that the performance with a USB NIC is fine as long as you only use the adapter for the wan facing connection, and leave the built in one for lan.

Edit: Warning, neither of the adapters I linked to use a chipset with driver support for pfsense or opnsense

@vandelay there is absolutely no reason those USB NICs wouldnā€™t work on Rock Pi X. Iā€™d recommend RTL8153 over ASIX, and these usb3.0 to dual GBe adapters might interest you.

Hi Jack,

Iā€™m a software developer for an open-source computer vision application for high-school robotics competitions. Iā€™ve been testing this on many different SBCs but have yet to test on an x86 SBC as Iā€™ve not seen any in a good form factor. I would be happy to test my program on this board under both Windows and Linux OSes. Iā€™d also be using the GPIO via my program, and using USB web cameras.

Iā€™m excited to see what comes next from Radxa,
Banks T

1 Like

@DIYprojectz thanks for the heads-up! Neither of the ones I linked to would have supported my intended use

I would love to have one sample, it will be a great fit for X86 Volumio!
Having one of them in my hands I can quickly adapt a nice HAT with stereo amplifier I made for RPi

About the use of the GPIO under Windows, iā€™ve found the following things :

User mode access to low level buses on Windows is plumbed through the existing GpioClx and SpbCx frameworks. A new driver called RhProxy , available on Windows IoT Core and Windows Enterprise, exposes GpioClx and SpbCx resources to user mode. To enable the APIs, a device node for rhproxy must be declared in your ACPI tables with each of the GPIO and SPB resources that should be exposed to user mode.

More details there :

The hardware requirements for the GPIO :

1 Like

Hello Jack, iā€™m interested on getting a Rockpi X sample, how can i apply?

My objetive is evaluate its video conferencing capabilities using linux and google chrome (google meet), in order to allow low resources studentā€™s to get remote classes in my country (Mexico) over the covid-19 confinement.

Thank you in advance

Ricardo Rodriguez

2 Likes

Ricardo, this is a fantastic idea!
Have you given any thought as to screens/camera source?
I think this not only would assist with the video conferencing aspect, but general computing as a whole for low resource students.

Any insight into when these boards will be generally available?

Is there any possibility of having an eDP connector? it would make it much easier to use in portable projects with displays. the z8350 does support eDP

We definitely support such projects. Send me your address in PM.

Actually there is eDP, but we havenā€™t worked on it yet. We borrowed the eDP connector and pinout from the UP board :wink:

ROCK Pi X massive production is in progress. I assume it will be very soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Now that I have a sample, I was wondering how one would reset the bios if there is no cmos battery? I ask this because I seem to have already screwed my bios, and I donā€™t know what I can do to fix it.

Donā€™t know why the system doesnā€™t let me send a PM, i will send to radxa contact email, regards.