Quad Sata Kit and OpenMediaVault 5 (Raspberry Pi 4)

I was able to get OMV setup after executing the JMicron controller fix outlined in the main troubleshooting area of the instructions here:
https://wiki.radxa.com/Dual_Quad_SATA_HAT

After that I set up a raid 5 manually because OMV doesn’t handle usb automatically. For this I used these two commands:

sudo mdadm -Cv -l5 -c64 -n4 -pls /dev/md0 /dev/sd{a,b,c,d}
sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/md0

Following this I was able to setup and access the disks via SMB/CIFS. So far so good. But then decided to modify the /etc/rockpi-sata.conf file and execute sudo systemctl restart rockpi-sata.service

Unfortunately after reboot I’ve lot ssh access entirely. OMV works and I’m able to view the logs to see what’s happening. I think that the main pi memory isn’t mounting or booting properly.

I got the hint from a comment on this youtube video >>>https://youtu.be/Eix0PCB0byQ

This backed up by a missing disk that I can’t mount in OMV. Ordinarily this would be the sd card.

Lastly, when I check out the OMV logs it’s clear that there’s the volume that needs to be mounted to run the pi and ssh isn’t getting mounted. I’d be super grateful if anyone could tell enlighten me about a workaround to change the mount order so that the pi system disk mounts before the HDDS.

I figured out a quick and dirty way to get ssh back. I booted the system without the four port usb connector plugged in. That forced it to first mount the main memory which reactivated my ssh access. After that I plugged it back in and OMV mounted the disks.

Strangely I never had this problem in my setup… also had omv and manually created the raid array with mdadm… when I boot up my system, I did see a message indicating that they raid array is waiting for some disks… and it always successfully waits and loads the array… it could be some of the setting flags u used when creating the array that caused it not to wait for disks to come online n fail…

Hi guys, found a solution for the problem that there’s no raid array after reboot: just follow this guide and you should be done. Worked for me after several reboots: