Wifi Module A8 from Allnet is Available now!

So, Intel AX210 will work on Rock 5b (linux)?

1 Like

201/211 is mostly just a licensing dongle to enable Wi-Fi functionality built into certain Intel CPUs. (It does contain an actual PHY/RF frontend, but knowing Intel, CNVio3 will probably move that too into the CPU.)

200/210 are true PCIe Wi-Fi cards.

1 Like

I ordered a AX210 with patch antennas for $25. tri band, BT 5.3, 160 MHz channels.

Looking to buy a wifi card too, any feedback on AX210 support with rock5B or is it safer to stick with AX200?

Knowing that AX210 doesnt work out of the box id say to get the AX200. A8 Wifi works out of the box too.

Ok I guess it will depend on how much configuration is needed.
Looking at previous radxa team message it said AX210 should be ok for linux (compared to A8 which is good for both linux and android) and in price terms AX200 and AX210 are roughly equivalent around 20$ on AE

They all work: Armbian - Rock 5B - the best options
Itā€™s just a matter of previous configuration on AX210 since wifi is not working out of the box.
A8 has wifi working so you can just set the bt parameters.
AX200 mine should arrive tomorrow Iā€™ll see if working out of the box is true.

1 Like

Thanks, good idea to gather all tips in one thread :muscle:
Will place order for AX210 then, just hoping the card is genuine, as with chinese we never knowā€¦

1 Like

Dont forget to buy the 2 tiny antennas.

Good point, thought they were included but it was for some other 4G module I think ā€¦
In case I can borrow from another wifi module i have on hand

Yes you can.

But also keep in mind that if you are aiming for the best which is Wifi 6e and then you go for old dbi antennas maybe getting better dbi ones would be best idkā€¦ just being picky on thisā€¦ it wont be Rocket Science as differences are minimum anyways.

yeah was going to buy them anyway just didnā€™t know there was difference on such small antennas

Looking for a Wifi 6E card for the Rock 5B,

Intel AX210 (seems supported on armbian, but it seems like intel card does not support AP mode?)
Intel AX211 / AX411 (not standard protocol? does it means it wont work?)
Qualcomm NFA765 (Also known as WCN 6856?) (SparkLAN WNFQ-268AXI(BT) also uses WCN6856)
MTK MT7922 (or AMD RZ616)

Is any of these cards supported by linux?
If yes, which card is good to be used as router and mesh?

I have the AX210. I know it works both wifi and bt idk what AP mode is.
Both work but not out of the box.
AX210 needs its driver installed on armbian meaning you need a second ethernet option.

AX200 is not wifi 6e but works out of the box both wifi and bt.

All those you just mentioned I am not aware.

Tbhā€¦ AX210 is enough imoā€¦ neither will be a big difference from wifi 6 to be worth the upgrade but it is what it is.

For AX210 to work you have to have internet:

#wifi
sudo wget -P /lib/firmware https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/plain/iwlwifi-ty-a0-gf-a0-59.ucode
sudo mv /lib/firmware/iwlwifi-ty-a0-gf-a0.pnvm /lib/firmware/iwlwifi-ty-a0-gf-a0.pnvm.bak

#bt
sudo wget -P /lib/firmware/intel https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/plain/intel/ibt-0041-0041.sfi
sudo wget -P /lib/firmware/intel https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/plain/intel/ibt-0041-0041.ddc

to install its firmware and thats it.

2 Likes

I have an RTL8852BE but if I would like to use the rock 5b as router, the 1.2Gbps Wifi 6 doesnā€™t seems to be ideal, so I am looking for a 2.4Gbps (or higher) card and it would be the best if we can get that 6GHz band

Oh yes I get it now sorry. Yes like I said idk about those ones u mentioned they might work pretty much anything M2 Ngff does soā€¦ if its for thatā€¦ all you might need is firmware driver if you find them it probably will work.

1 Like

I have seen AX210 and MT7922 reported working on OpenWRT github/forum,
all AX210, MT7922 and NFA765 should have driver at least for Linux x86.
However, I couldnā€™t find info about whether MT7922 and NFA765 will work on Linux ARM64.

The AX200 has a patch for AP Mode to work (the original patch seems target to an AX210) with openwrt. However, the author also mentioned this method is a hack so it might not be work properly.

MT7922 has support for AP Mode, but not sure about driver.

1 Like

A8 - RTL8852BE is not supported by Rock PI 5B recent Android

Why my BT canā€™t find any devices? And devices canā€™t find rock-5bā€¦

There your healing solutionā€¦

A8 Module Bluetooth:
sudo su
nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
then add these lines somewhere (at the bottom of the file is fine):

blacklist pgdrv
blacklist btusb
blacklist btrtl
blacklist btbcm
blacklist btintel

Then press Ctrl+X, then Y.
sudo apt install bluez or bluetooth ā€“ not needed to install since latest armbian version
systemctl status bluetooth CTRL+ C
systemctl start bluetooth
Then reboot .

1 Like