[ROM] ROCK 5B Android 12.1 rkr10 GoogleTV

Amazing! CEC does work! First confirmation does CEC is quite well implemented. However kodi does not start. Google store works. I have a feeling it is quite unstable at the moment.
Samsung bar 128gb is detected but android states safely removed.

1 Like

Yep, but You have to really quickly clock pair

kodi 19.4 works. 64bit. directly from kodiā€™s website.

sure what is a box edition without cec :wink:

i dont have the device it is all based of what of info i can find . and modding it too googletv is not the easiest with no official sources . i have it running on a rk3566 board

yeah storage is sometimes not right if it is there or not, why i didnt find it yet , after doing update from google play after install solves some logs.

can you try the kodi from the store ? or one apk of the kodi site latest is kodi 20 beta 3 i thought

Tomorrow, I orderes h96 max v58 Hope it will come quickly. So android on rock 5 4 and 16gb is just for fun.

kodi-19.4-Matrix-arm64-v8a.apk (stable) no issues for me.

i put the latest on a later build

but kodi-19.4-Matrix-arm64-v8a.apk is just the version preinstalled weird

i have also a image for that :slight_smile:
only have to check wich was the right version one did brick. and solving it remote is no fun but maskrom is nice :slight_smile:

i post it later

the picture is from a h96 max v58 box :wink:

kodi from playstore works. Its 19.3 ver. I set it up and put on a movie. works normal.

Is there a V3 coming? Or V2 is the last one? No pressure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @thc013, to replace the Radxa android, do I need to install it from scratch or is there a way to use the update.img to ā€œupdateā€ the Radxa Android to yours?

And if I flash gpt.img it from scratch, do I need to do anything with update.img afterwards?

the udate.img is the img you flash with rkdevtool
the gpt img you can flash with dd or balena

relax

other kernel and some other changes
check audio if any

V3
didnt work

make sure how to flash !!

! H96_Max_v58 !
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1szPWwYfUIdwUCNP56_N9L83qUmb_kiC5/view?usp=share_link

Ok someone please give me some clues. I can not for the life of me get this to boot.
Tried all 3 versions. I tried from within Windows 11 to copy image ā€œimage.imgā€ from the devtool. I have tried using belana and rufus with the ā€œgpt.imgā€ with no luck. It seems the files are there and file structure. but no boot.
I am fairly new to all this but I can follow instructions.
What am I missing.

https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock5/install/usb-install-emmc

you need a USB-C OTG adapter and usb-a male to usb-a male to hook the rock5 to windows pc.

Emmc boots so much faster than microsd. well at least for me. Good Luck!

microsd?

some cards are not bootable for android.

I should have been more clear. I am attempting to install to an emmc card. I have an emmc to usb adapter. I have used it to install Debian to same card with no issue. Actually on 2 separate cards. Lack of sleep on my part. Ill try again in morning. I know i am missing something
Thanks

Ah Ć©s tuga ? bom trabalho ma bratherā€¦ eu ainda tou Ć  espera da minha

I have a (hopefully) simple question-Iā€™m going to use my shiny new Rock 5B for local media playback off of an hdd (only) and since Libreelec hasnā€™t released a version for this board yet I want to use Android and install Kodi. Can I use the same method Iā€™ve used with my N2+ for the past 2 years-install android to an emmc module and then put it in the 5B and run it? Basically install it to the module from my pc with a micro sd to emmc adaptor using rufus which Iā€™ve had great luck using.