[ROM] AndroidTV Pie Custom firmware v1.1 by mo123
- Add RockPi 4 boot logo
- Add Magisk root support
Please uninstall the Magisk app and reinstall it from here
http://bit.ly/magiskm (short link to Github Magisk Manager link to download it quickly)
It will say additional setup is required then you can restart your device.
Seems the Magisk Manager app has some problem being preinstalled from micro-sd card firmware.
- Add ‘More Settings’ menu to TvSettings if you want to change extra settings like in the normal firmware
- Change the onscreen keyboard to a mouse friendly one that is faster
- Remove some preinstalled apps
- Add working Netflix app and Kiwi Browser
- Several stability and video playback patches from AOSP merged.
- Add auto frame-rate, color mode switching
- Add 10-bit H264 video playback support
All Anime videos should play correctly now
- Add VC1 Blu-ray video playback support
- Fix HDR video playback
- Add HD Audio(DTS-HD, True-HD) pass-through support.
It was not available in other firmwares. Please test if it works since I have no AVR equipment to test.
Latest Kodi 18.4 app: https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/master/
Add various gamepads support
- Xbox, Xbox One, Xbox Elite controllers
- Sony DS3 and DS4 controllers
- Switch joycon and pro controllers
- Steam controller(also need to use the Steam app)
- Shield controller
Fix Home button on airmouses, USB remotes
- Long press to see All apps screen
- Single press to return to Android Homescreen
- Double press for Recent apps
– Long press OK/DPAD_Center to close selected app window.
– Long press back button to close all recent apps
- Add Wifi connect button on wifi password enter screen to be easily clicked with a mouse, airmouse to setup wifi without using the onscreen keyboard
- General Wifi improvements
- Fix ethernet stops/disconnects sometimes bug
- Spoof ethernet as wifi connection
– This fixes some games like Asphalt that only work over wifi connections to also work if only using an ethernet connection
Fix Youtube VP9 videos freezing sometimes bug
Change frame-buffer to 1080p, 213DPI to help with 1080p Youtube support and less upscaling for video playback.
Set HDMI Bitstream as default audio device.
Add support for 192kbps FLAC audio support
Add Shutdown menu to TvSettings - About Screen
Fix SD-Card incorrect size reported sometimes
Fix Daydream settings not working on some languages
Improve overall speed of Android UI
Fix some apps running sideways to always run in landscape
Add some default Ad-blocker list to block some ads on websites
Add some extra apps.
Use MiXplorer File Manager(Samba v2 addon included) if wanting to access Samba v2.
Some other file managers only use Samba v1 which has less than half of the network performance of Samba v2.0. Kodi 18 also uses Samba v2 so you can use that to setup your network shares if playing high bit-rate videos over ethernet to get the best network speed.
How to set up Samba shares:
Speed difference between Samba v1 & v2.
Use 7zip to unzip and flash the image with etcher to a micro-sd card or EMMC.
Use the Channels app after updating all the apps in the Play Store to set individual Youtube channels as Channels on your homescreen.
It makes the homescreen a lot better.