[ROM] AndroidTV Pie Custom firmware v1.0 by mo123
- Add auto frame-rate, color mode switching
- Add 10-bit H264 video playback support
All Anime videos should play correctly now
- Add VC1 Blu-ray video playback support
- Fix HDR video playback
- Add HD Audio(DTS-HD, True-HD) pass-through support.
It was not available in other firmwares. Please test if it works since I have no AVR equipment to test.
Latest Kodi 18.4 app: https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/master/
Add various gamepads support
- Xbox, Xbox One, Xbox Elite controllers
- Sony DS3 and DS4 controllers
- Switch joycon and pro controllers
- Steam controller(also need to use the Steam app)
- Shield controller
Fix Home button on airmouses, USB remotes
- Long press to see All apps screen
- Single press to return to Android Homescreen
- Double press for Recent apps
– Long press OK/DPAD_Center to close selected app window.
– Long press back button to close all recent apps
- Add Wifi connect button on wifi password enter screen to be easily clicked with a mouse, airmouse to setup wifi without using the onscreen keyboard
- General Wifi improvements
- Fix ethernet stops/disconnects sometimes bug
- Spoof ethernet as wifi connection
– This fixes some games like Asphalt that only work over wifi connections to also work if only using an ethernet connection
Fix Youtube VP9 videos freezing sometimes bug
Change frame-buffer to 1080p, 213DPI to help with 1080p Youtube support and less upscaling for video playback.
Set HDMI Bitstream as default audio device.
Add support for 192kbps FLAC audio support
Add Shutdown menu to TvSettings - About Screen
Fix SD-Card incorrect size reported sometimes
Fix Daydream settings not working on some languages
Improve overall speed of Android UI
Fix some apps running sideways to always run in landscape
Add some default Ad-blocker list to block some ads on websites
Add some extra apps.
Use MiXplorer File Manager(Samba v2 addon included) if wanting to access Samba v2.
Some other file managers only use Samba v1 which has less than half of the network performance of Samba v2.0. Kodi 18 also uses Samba v2 so you can use that to setup your network shares if playing high bit-rate videos over ethernet to get the best network speed.
How to set up Samba shares:
Speed difference between Samba v1 & v2.
Use 7zip to unzip and flash the image with etcher to a micro-sd card or EMMC.