New N100 intel board => X4

AFAIK the successor of X2L is planned.

Do we know how the power limits are gonna influence performance?

What are the power limits? In general, N100 doesnā€™t get any faster above 25 W

n200,n300 would be a better fit for a an X5 imho

Im writing on one but shhh :wink:

IMO the only issue/downside to the X4 series is the fact there isnt dual channel ram, if you take a look at the X4 you cant find a place to fit 1 more ram chip

Could you confirm availability, for example on Taobao?

Well the N100/200/300 only supports singel channel memory, so a bigger board wouldnĀ“t help.

Continuing the discussion from New N100 intel board => X4:

Iā€™d like to know the memory performance on X4, do you mind testing it with the sbc-bench script?

@renaud_renaud Iā€™ll ask my collegues on monday, tho cant promise anything, I rarely touch x86 I work on arm and RadxaOS

1 Like

Thanks, thatā€™s informative. BTW it seems that you have a 16G RAM model, while the publicly available SKUs only have up to 12G.

1 Like

I also noticed that with one RAM chip 16G version should be possible.

BTW: 2230 m.2 M slot is perfect for me and hopefully we will see it on all small radxa sbcs where side m.2 was used. For those who need regular 2280 I think that 3c extension variant should work?

This isnā€™t the X4, also from what I can tell a 32gb version is possible

I believe there were mentions of some power limits somewhere. Maybe 5, 10, 15W modes? Iā€™m not sure, I canā€™t find those comments.

Just wondering how it performs against GMKtec G3ā€¦

At 15 W it will be slightly limited, especially in CPU+GPU workloads.

tbh rn im kinda thermally limited on mine its using the x2l heatsink but thats rly loud and doesnt keep it cool at all

Well, donā€™t you work at Radxa? Itā€™s not me who can do anything about it

I was just saying ur more likely to get bottlenecked by overheating than power delivery/consumption

Take a look at Firebat T8 Plus, it is quite small and deals with 30 W without much noise or any thermal throttling.

At a higher price, slower ram plus an octopod with cables coming out everywhere, Iā€™m not in the market for x86 I donā€™t need x86 really

Iā€™m not saying you should buy it, just take a look and maybe thereā€™s some inspiration on how to make a good cooler. Do you actually work at Radxa or not?

Plus, the RAM isnā€™t slower, it runs at the max speed rated for Alder Lake N (4800 MHz). Not sure where this info comes from