New N100 intel board => X4

I wonder if like a X5 is planned. Rock5B+ has the perfect I/O in my opinion but paired with the n100 or (hopefully) N97 it would be an instant buy

AFAIK the successor of X2L is planned.

Do we know how the power limits are gonna influence performance?

What are the power limits? In general, N100 doesn’t get any faster above 25 W

n200,n300 would be a better fit for a an X5 imho

Im writing on one but shhh :wink:

IMO the only issue/downside to the X4 series is the fact there isnt dual channel ram, if you take a look at the X4 you cant find a place to fit 1 more ram chip

Could you confirm availability, for example on Taobao?

Well the N100/200/300 only supports singel channel memory, so a bigger board wouldn´t help.

Continuing the discussion from New N100 intel board => X4:

I’d like to know the memory performance on X4, do you mind testing it with the sbc-bench script?

@renaud_renaud I’ll ask my collegues on monday, tho cant promise anything, I rarely touch x86 I work on arm and RadxaOS

1 Like

Thanks, that’s informative. BTW it seems that you have a 16G RAM model, while the publicly available SKUs only have up to 12G.

1 Like

I also noticed that with one RAM chip 16G version should be possible.

BTW: 2230 m.2 M slot is perfect for me and hopefully we will see it on all small radxa sbcs where side m.2 was used. For those who need regular 2280 I think that 3c extension variant should work?

This isn’t the X4, also from what I can tell a 32gb version is possible

I believe there were mentions of some power limits somewhere. Maybe 5, 10, 15W modes? I’m not sure, I can’t find those comments.

Just wondering how it performs against GMKtec G3…

At 15 W it will be slightly limited, especially in CPU+GPU workloads.

tbh rn im kinda thermally limited on mine its using the x2l heatsink but thats rly loud and doesnt keep it cool at all

Well, don’t you work at Radxa? It’s not me who can do anything about it

I was just saying ur more likely to get bottlenecked by overheating than power delivery/consumption

Take a look at Firebat T8 Plus, it is quite small and deals with 30 W without much noise or any thermal throttling.

At a higher price, slower ram plus an octopod with cables coming out everywhere, I’m not in the market for x86 I don’t need x86 really