WiFi not working - Rock Pi X

I am running into the same issue …Ubuntu work good …windows not so much, cant get Wifi or BT on windows.

Bluetooth worked fine once I installed all the right drivers - you can find them in the download section - Windows see’s that there is a wifi adapter installed, but cannot start the device - im sure there is a config file needed or something.

Yeah I got BT working thanks to your other post but I run into the same issues you mention above with the wifi.

Are you sure you connected the wifi antenna? Should work just fine, certainly with Ubuntu.

All drivers are on the download page. https://wiki.radxa.com/RockpiX/downloads

Tried the drivers in the download page and it gives an error “Windows was unable to install”

Edit: have you gotten it to work on Windows?

See here. Windows graphics driver

Yes I’ve got it working on Windows. But Windows is not stable for me. Ubuntu is.

No crashes here just cant get it to work …btw Ubuntu works fine for me I believe.
what did you do …what drivers did you used? …maybe this can be a video you can make

I only had to install the graphics driver. Windows was installed on the eMMC. I used the drivers from the AtomicPi.
Maybe watch this. It’s almost the same hardware except wifi and eMMC and ram size. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD_zxjQ-2BQ

Thanks Nico ill give it a go…btw I have the Atomic Pi folder you posted on my flash drive.

Its a no go …I get the yellow triangle on the wifi adapter in the device manager but when I try to reinstall graphic drivers it tries and it fails. I watched your video and only thing it was different was I had windows create an Installation USB instead of creating an ISO…maybe ill try to re install windows later on. Thank for all the help.

Still no resolution for the wifi adapter on windows 10 lates build …I am really stumped.

Any updates on this?

Check this topic One step forward

What do you use to extract the files ? I just use windows. I’ll try what you are using.

Still no go on wifi, not sure what to do next.

Just use winrar or 7zip to extract files, then go to the Device Manager, find wifi there - right click on it --> update drivers --> manually --> select folder where you unpacked archive

i did still no wifi, followed instructions exactly

Joining the club of no WiFi on Windows. Installed driver from archive but Windows says “The device cannot start”. Also, on device manager under “Other devices” I have two Generic SDIO devices for which there are no drivers. I was able to install drivers for all other unknown devices.
Bluetooth is working.
Otherwise seems like everything else works smoothly!

The answer is here: Windows 10 Pro last build 20H2

Works like a charm!

3 Likes

I’ve purchased a few of these, they make a great, inexpensive Zoom-on-your-tv device. Most recently the renaming solution that Daniel put in his first post stopped working in Ubuntu 20.04. Looking at the log files, it seems to be searching for the brcmfmac43455-sdio.ROCK Pi-ROCK Pi X.txt file, but it didn’t work when I put it back to the original name. My solution was to make a copy, rename one and copy them both into the /lib/firmware/brcm folder. Also, after a reboot it would show wifi and try to connect, but fail. I had to do a full shutdown, not a reboot, to get it to connect.

Thanks Daniel_Strabley and NicoD!

1 Like