What do we want in the next Rock Pi?

How about one that actually works the way it us supposed to. Oops, did I say that? Fat chanxe Radaxa will ever release that.

Rock Pi 5C (listing my desired changes/improvements from the 4C)
RK3588 CPU
Much faster GPU
8GB LPDDR
32 GB EMMC
Ships standard with heavy full board size finned aluminum heat sink

How far off in time is something along these lines?

Long long or maybe very long time.
No one knows yet. There is no news from Rockchip about RK3588 but RK3568/3566 is in production already.

OK, for the interim Rock Pi 4.5A/B/C

OP1 CPU @ 2.0 or 2.2 GHZ
2/4/8 GB LPDDR (for A/B/C respectively)
Consistent Availability
Decent Price, which is more competitive With RPi4B (including delivery costs)

ROCK Pi 4 A/B Plus is OP1 with max 4GB LPDDR4. Coming soon this summer.

1 Like

How soon will specs for the 4A+ and 4B+ be released. Will there also be a 4C+?

New form factor for the next gen ROCK Pi.

M.2 2280 is at the bottom.

6 Likes

Am I looking at an Odroid N2+ killer?

Hello there :smiley:

Will there be a RK3566 or RK3568 based SBC in the 85 x 56 mm form factor as well? And with a feature set akin to the 4B or 4C…?

What about a Rock Pi board that fits into a Pinebook pro, and powers up / charges by 5 Volt flat Power Banks, with IR sensor and sim ( LTE ) slot (s).

Or A completely modular approach to the RPi form factor, which would enable a completely flat interface instead of the RPi brick format that suits absolutely nowhere. while still retaining backwards compatibility with the RPi brick shape.

Or why not enter the future of laundrable electronics by sneaking in optical PHY:s and or even optical PCB wiring?
Thanks 4 my 20 Agoras.

Nice, I was gonna to buy a tinkerboard 2 because of Rk3399 OP1, but the support from asus made me think twice. Could you specify the main differences between RK3399 vs RK3399 OP1? This summer you meant july, august? The acessories from A/B will be compatible?Price will be similar to the 4C version?

Just in case,based on previous Asus thinkerboard - tgere will be no support from them.

Looking forward to getting a RK35xx :slight_smile: also like to see the 4B+ - I would like to see the new models include SPI installed. Don’t think it should be dropped (like on the later builds of the n10)

Speed-wise, is the RK3568 going to be a bit of a step down from the RK3399 (for the case of all else being essentially equal)? Or will the RK3568 exceed the benchmarks of the RK3399? Ditto for the OP1 vs the RK3399 and the RK3568?

Basically I need to know when to jump in. My use will be as a space and power saving desktop computer replacement. I’ve tried this with the Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB ram, and it is a bit too slow overall for my meager and primarily home office related needs.

OP1 is just a faster RK3399, CPU 2.0Ghz vs 1.8Ghz.

1 Like

@Jack does this new form-factor has single m.2 slot, or is there second m.2 slot somewhere?

If eMMC is removable, we will add SPI for sure. For N10, because it has eMMC for all models, so SPI flash is removed to make use of the SPI bus.

New form factor has two M.2, one top and one bottom. We choose this form factor because we want direct 2280 SSD installation.

1 Like

@Jack I look forward to this so much!!!