Ubuntu image with X11 and Resolution 2560x1440

TY sydarn2. It worked. :slight_smile:

Did not work for me :cry:

I’ve never compiled file before.

I simply copy the text in…:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/amazingfate/radxa-rock5b-overlays/main/rk3588-add-hdptxphy_hdmi_clk.dts

…from browser and paste in notepad, saving as .dts file. Then compile the dts file I created.

Not correct way maybe?

@Bruno you missed this step then.

compile the dts file
dtc -O dtb -o rk3588-add-hdptxphy_hdmi_clk.dtbo rk3588-add-hdptxphy_hdmi_clk.dts

No I did this step.
Question was on the .dts file on github.
I’m unable to download from github as .dts file.
So i copy the text and create the .dts myself using notepad before compiling to .dtbo

This armbianENV.txt method doesn’t work on my Armbian kinetic on ssd. It boots up from ssd (no sdcard needed). But it’s at 1920 not 2560. Using extlinux and I have no line like this: and replace /dtbs/5.10.66-27-rockchip-gea60d388902d/rockchip/overlay/rock-5b-hdmi1-8k.dtbo with /dtbs/5.10.66-27-rockchip-gea60d388902d/rockchip/overlay/rk3588-add-hdptxphy_hdmi_clk.dtbo

Im also on 5.10.110 kernel not that old one above. Ideas?

I used tried the overlay written by amazingfate, install it by armbian-add-overlay tool.

But my monitor still did not work.

And I tried to build the latest kernel which fixed this problem.

But my monitor still did not work correctly.

BTW, I use the latest Armbian with wayland and panfork.

Edit: I changed my HDMI cable and tried the overlay again.

With forced power up my monitor, I got 2K resoluation now.

And the only problem here is the display cannot light up at boot by itself.

Can this be related to this?

Thanks, the overlay worked to enable 1440p on my monitors. Apparently though I have reached the maximum resolution supported by doing so. I have three monitors, two 2560x1440 connected via HDMI and one 3440x1440 connected via USB C. Apparently if all three are set to their native resolution at the same time X11 breaks with lots of glitching, cut off screen, cut off graphics, invisible cursor, etc. Chaning one of the 2560x1440p monitors to only display 1080p fixes that. So I can at least run one of them in the native resolution