TUN/TAP - tun module and openvpn failure

Hi,

I am trying to get openvpn working. I keep getting the following:
"
Mon Apr 8 10:32:38 2019 ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such device (errno=19)
Mon Apr 8 10:32:38 2019 Exiting due to fatal error
"

When trying to load the TUN module via “modprobe tun” I get this:

modprobe tun
modprobe: ERROR: …/libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file ‘/lib/modules/4.4.154/modules.dep.bin’
modprobe: FATAL: Module tun not found in directory /lib/modules/4.4.154

Anyone got this stuff working or know how to succeed in having openvpn working on Rock Pi 4B with “official rock debian os image”

Thanks.

Hi,

I think we have the TUN modules enabled in the kernel long ago. Please update the kernel to the latest following install latest kernel section:

https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/radxa-apt

Did that - but unfortunately that resulted in a black screen after reboot :frowning: Now my Rock Pi won´t boot the OS, so probably need a re-install :frowning:

Once you get your RockPi working install the kmod package via apt.

apt install kmod -y

Then you should be able to run depmod -a and then modprobe tun and if you check in dmesg you should see it register.

Thanks - I got it working now - BUT…as soon as I move the / (root) partition to the NVME SSD according to this forum post, I get black screen no input:

When applying above procedure to move partion to NVME in combination with updating the kernel with above link from Jack - my Rock Pi black screens / won´t boot - what the heck is happening?

When moving root partition before above mentioned updates, everything works, but in combination if fails during boot (black screen - no input)

I believe i am at my 10th re-install of Rock Pi within a couple of days :frowning: