I want to set up OMV 5 on a raspberry Pi4 using the quad sata hat.
I use 2x WD Blue HDD 500 Gb .
I dont have any shared folder configured in OMV yet.
So the main issue is, that one of two disks does not spin down. I dont need the disks to spin 24/7.
I have a fresh installation of Raspian lite, satahat software and OMV.
What i tried so far to make the disk spin down:
- set up the APM_level to 64 and spin down time to 5 minutes in OMV-> one disk is still spinning
- tried a different set of 2 HDD (WD Red 4Tb) -> again one of two does not spin down
- updated the JMS561 firmware successfully without having OMV installed-> one disk is still spinning
- used different Sata connections --> one disk is still spinning
sudo hdparm -C /dev/sd?says for both disks ‘standby’ --> one disk is still spinning
- i can manually spin down the disk with: ‘sudo hdparm -y /dev/sda’
I also noticed when power off the system with both disks spin down, the same disks starts spin again.
befor I use the approach with ‘hdidle’,maybe someone can help me to make the disk spin down by OMV (hdparm) automatically.