[ROM] Rock5A/B AndroidTV 12 by mo123

@mo123 Can you please send me the passoword? Thank you

@mo123 Is there any chance to add auto frame rate (AFR)?

@mo123, Nice Work! Please share password.

I was hoping for 4k@120hz as well.
Do you have an idea why 4k@120hz does not work and what the underlying issue might be?

@woiza Hi, can you list your tv/display make, model and website & HDMI cable used?
Did you also check the HDMI port used on the Display if it supports 4K@120hz?
You need an Ultra High Speed HDMI cable, a normal HDMI 2.0 one might not work.
Did you also enable Enhanced Color mode(or other name) if it’s a tv?
Can you get the edid info from your display? I can’t remember if the command or file is similar to this perhaps.
od -t x1 /sys/devices/platform/display-subsystem/drm/card0/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid

@mo123 I tried two different HDMI 2.1 48 Gbps cables and both ports on the rock5b. This one:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B09BDB4S73?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

and another one, I don’t remember where I bought it. Both cable can output 4k120 from my PS5 to my LG C1 TV (the hdmi port is set “gaming/pc mode”).
Furthermore, I tried the following image:

Armbian 23.02 Jammy Gnome Feb 27, 2023

Android and Armbian both max out at 4k60… As soon as I select anything above 4k60 (100, 119, 120) the screen turns black.

Have you seen this thread?

4k120, Reborn OS:

@woiza
Great that it works in Linux.
I reported it to Radxa & Rockchip but doesn’t seem anyone is interested, says they don’t have a 4K@120hz tv to test on.
There is now a week long holiday in China, so will only get new feedback in 1 - 1 1/2 weeks perhaps.

@mo123
Thanks for looking into this.
I’ve just tried “Armbian 23.02 Jammy Gnome” as well and the screen stays black at 4k120… 1080p120 and 4k60 are ok.

Hi @mo123, are there any modifications in the rom that relate to the volume up/down buttons? I am trying to use Tasker and AutoInput in order to modify the volume behavior, but it seems that the up/down events are not reaching AutoInput. Every other button event, including mute, works.

Thanks!

Does this include a recovery boot option? If not, how can I go about installing magisk? Thanks

1 Like

@wealas No changes made to audio. Sound might work differently because of HDMI Bitstream, HDMI CEC compared to tablet firmware that uses stereo.

@knuxyl Sent you instructions.

1 Like

May I have these instructions as well? Thnx!

Can I install a docker into this system? Rock5b seems powerful ,so besides TV box,it could also be a download machine or openwrt router:laughing:

The download link has failed, please fix it

Hello. Image downloaded. May I have the password please?

Password please?

Hello. Can I have the password?

Hello. Can I have the password?