[ROM] Rock5A/B AndroidTV 12 by mo123

av1/x265/h264 10bit all works. its magic :heart_eyes: can confirm its not hacked kodi.

wow, its hardware accelerated h264 10bit, this is new for me :smile:

now i am thinking if i should abandon my fire tv cube? lol.

other feedback:
my usb remote works great, though after a reboot i need to unplug and re-plug my usb receiver to get navigation button function back.
audio works out of the box
ethernet works out of the box
boot success rate is not 100% for my case, but that to be expected on early firmware release anyways.
av1 dont work on youtube yet, but vp9 is fine for someone who dont have data cap on their internet service

so far, my experience is darn impressive, good job mr mo123

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been testing it for some time thanks to @mo123 and it’s great :slight_smile: the only thing I’d improve is the fan profile but this can be done easily I suppose.

1 Like

Just downloaded it-waiting with anticipation.

1 Like

I need a fully available Magisk and password

1 Like

its a non-root firmware, you should look elsewhere.

1 Like

Great work! Just downloaded it-waiting with anticipation.

1 Like

PASSWORD?:joy:
:joy:

1 Like

What I need now is a NVME boot firmware and support for Magisk, because I need something to run on it.

1 Like

Any chance you explain us exactly what are u trying to do?

1 Like

With Magisk’s support, I will install the Xposed framework and automatically run some things, but I still need an Android system

2 Likes

ow you adding a advertisment framework :rofl:

1 Like

rockchip had support H264 10bit hw decode not late from rk3328, it’s special.

1 Like

Have you tried these?

Or this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-magisk-pie-msd6683-how-to-root-mstar-smart-tv.4253243/

You have to give them a go… as android TV is not the same as Android OS I wonder if it wouldnt be easier/cheaper to get a cheap android mobile for that task … anyway hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help. I’ll try it, but it’s too difficult for me

2 Likes

Thank you, and waiting for Password

1 Like

i did recall that the early h264 10bit hardware decoder are kinda half-baked, low bit-rate and limited to certain video resolution.

1 Like

I’ve downloaded the file and nedd the password;

1 Like

form submitted, looking forward for the password

1 Like

@buliaoyin
Yes, RK3229 was the first in 2016 then RK3328, RK3399, RK356x, RK3588 to support Hi10 H264.

1 Like