[ROM] AndroidTV Pie Custom firmware by mo123

Thanks for the confirmation. I’ve got a Rock PI 4B+. The WIFI module does not work with Netgear X4s, but it works with others.

Hi mate,
I am looking for Radxa Zero Android Image with phone UI (AOSP).
I am new to development and have almost no knowledge of Android development.
Is it possible for me to find an Android Rom with working Phone UI?

You should always read the wiki.
https://wiki.radxa.com/Zero/install/eMMC_Android

Flashed and working well (Rock 4 SE).

one problem I’ve come across (this also happened with my last flash). When i try run it at any 4k resolution the HDMI loses signal intermittently (seems like some kinda weird EDID issue). at 1920x1080 it has no issues what so ever. Is this just me who has this problem? Also boots in 1280x720p. When i unplug HDMI and replug it gives me 3840x2160p

Youtube wont play in V9 (with other youtube apps like smart youtube etc)
EDIT - Will play v9 4k content but can’t play v9 1080 content. Have to change to avc

This fixed my wifi issue i was having prior (still dropping ethernet though). Either way this is a better option then i had before and a lot more stable

I plan to make A11 firmware.
It should work better as this firmware was more optimised for Rock4B.
There should be newer edid and video patches in A11 so would likely work better.
AndroidTV is limited to 1080p UI but video playback in apps like Kodi with frame-rate switching turned on will still play in 4k resolution.

2 Likes

Thanks mo. I appreciate the work as well.

I think the edid issue is my TV by the looks of it. Trying it on another TV with no hdmi drops at all.

Look forward to the updated firmware.

hello,
I’m sorry, my English is not good.
I am using the English-Japanese translation.

This custom firmware is great.
But there is a problem.
I used etcher to flash gpt.img to the SD card, insert it into the nanoPC-T4 and start it, but at the first TWRP

Formatting Data using mkfs.f2fs…
mkfs.f2fs -dl -f -t -w /dev/block/mmcblk0p18 process ended with ERROR: 255
Unable to wipe Data.

and an error occurred.
After that it reboots and the screen with 4 spinning spheres is displayed forever.
What should I do now?
Could you give me some advice?

@gaku

Hi, the firmware is probably not compatible with nanoPC-T4, for some RK3399 devices it boots but not all.
You can also check if your micro-sd card was formatted properly, all partitions fully erased if something else was flashed to it previously. I don’t have nanoPC-T4 hardware so won’t be making such firmware.

Hi guys, greetings how are you? I’m writing you cause I need help about Android TV on rock pi 4B, I don’t have eMMC and I’m trying to run it in a microSD card but it doesn’t boot/run Android, just stop in boot windows. I need a eMMC for Android or Can I run it with a microSD card?

Everything else run smooth like Lakks, debian, ubuntu, etc.

Thanks

Hi guys, anyone knows is this boot problem is cause the SPI Flash? I’m trying to run this Android TV directly from a MicroSD card, but it didn’t work, I attach a boot’s picture…
Thank you

Hi,
first of all thanks for the image. I’m relative noob, but am able to follow instructions :slight_smile:
I installed the Android TV 9 and use it with Kodi and Jellyfin.

I got an remote control with air mouse and keyboard (UMAX Air Mouse M1) it uses a USB dongle that I plug in to the Rock Pi 4 SE.

Everything works fine except the power. When I push the power button the board seems to go into some kind of low power state (monitor turns off, the green LED stays on).
The problem is I cannot wake it from this state using the remote control?
Is there some config I need to change, or is it a crappy remote.
If I need to change the remote, can you please make a recommendation? (it air mouse and keyboard is nice, but not must have, I can make do with a simple remote to control Kodi).

Thank you

MASTER!!! Hi there.Is that a firmware(ROM) fits all kinds Android TV devices and CPU or any parameter limination?Will there be a BUG that USB interface always need a 5V power to sustain HDMI output? Quite starving for rom for S905X2 and Wifi Uwe5631 or plant form tools to update rom partition distribution.If none,how should i extends the /userdata or reform unproperly size of / partition table.

@Kevin1
What you post makes no sense.
This ROM is ONLY for Rock4B devices.
You can ask the seller where you bought the S905X2 device for updated firmware.

1 Like

Okay,sorry. A S905X2 foreign TV box from internet can‘t work except a Android TV rom

Hi Mo, Thank you so much for your effort. That’s really impressive. I’m wondering if this project has been open sourced so that I can contribute as well.

I’m a newbie in Android TV rom building. But I’m quite interested in this project.

@mo123 hi. Can i have the password for the android tv build . Thanks

Hello, is there a kernel source code?