[ROM] AndroidTV Pie Custom firmware by mo123

can I use this rom on rock pi 4c?

Dear mo123,

I encountered the same problem recently. I also canā€™t get my PS4 controller to work even though the DS4 key layout file was included in the latest firmware. Like @pumuckll said, it isnā€™t listed as a connected device.

After a long time studying this issue, I noticed that this bluetooth wireless controller uses L2CAP protocol (like wiimote). If the system doesnā€™t support the protocol, the devices may unable to communicate even it is paired.

I wonder if you can add the L2CAP protocol in the firmware so that the RockPi4 can support the DS4 controller. Thank you very much!

Hi

L2CAP is only supported from Android Q.
If you use the stock Android Q firmware, PS4 bluetooth controllers will work correctly.
I will have to build an AndroidTV Q firmware first.

I asked if the RockPi 4 Android Q code could be updated since itā€™s over 6 months old and Rockchip should have fixed a lot of things in the mean-time and also updated the security patches and AOSP code.

1 Like

@deltree Will have to wait for AndroidTV 10 firmware since it has easier support for RockPi 4C.

Iā€™m happy to hear that you are going to build Android TV Q, and l2CAP will be supported! Thank you very much!

Hi, having an issue with Android TV.
After connection to the Internet - in few seconds Android freezes and then reboots. No matter what connection is used Wi-FI or cable the result is the same. If connections is disabled it seems working ok, no freezes at all, I can navigate all applications and view all settings.
Does anybody know how to fix it?

By the way same problem on the official Android TV image, but there I have even more problems. Screen is blinking quite often, so itā€™s impossible to navigate the settings even if internet connection of disabled.

Iā€™ve had nothing but internet problems with this custom firmwareā€¦ works for awhileā€¦ then only certain apps see the internet connectionā€¦ i found setting the date and time makes it work againā€¦ for awhileā€¦ then turning wifi on it will work for a little while, then eventually nothing worksā€¦ even tried a USB ethernet dongle. shows an IP, has network, no internet, I gave up on it.

your problems with the official image sounds like a bad HDMI cable, or a resolution problemā€¦

Yes, blinking on the original image was solved when I tried another cable and another TV. But the issue with the internet connection is still present on this image and in the official.

@Viktor_Gontar
Have you tried the official Android Q image?
It uses a new kernel and wifi drivers.
If it also has a problem with the connection then it might be hardware related.

Do you use cooling for the RockPi 4 since high temperature impacts the wifi signal, or the big case and heatsink? The big case obstructs the wifi signal a bit, need to use a wifi extender but it should have no problems with ethernet.

@mo123 Yes I have a full board heat sink.
I donā€™t have any same problems before with Ubuntu, Debian or LibreElec OS.

Just now tried the official Android Q and it working fine. Internet connected, youtube working, no issues.
However, I tried tablet version, canā€™t find for TV. Do you know if it exists or probably it somehow could be switched in settings?

There is no Android Q TV so far.
I have to build one.

It would be really great if you can build ā€œAndroid Q TVā€ and share it with the community.
Do you have any plans for that?

RELEASE https://github.com/radxa/manifests/releases/tag/Rock-android11-20211115_1851
SDK https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/rockpi-android11

I already tried that and build a ROM.
But that SDK is only for RockPi 4 tablet builds and Rock3A tablet & box builds.
If I build AndroidTV firmware it just boots to a black background with force close error messages.

You need a box device for RockPi4 just like for Rock3A then AndroidTV can work correctly.
Tablet builds donā€™t have the correct permissions for tv apps or HDMI CEC, HDMI Passthrough and hundreds of other changes needed.

asop 11, not atv, also starts with errors?

Atv11
atv2
what is the config in android 11 sdk?

P.S. this ANDROID 10

Hi

Do you plan to fix headphone jack output for android 11 4c image?

You can ask Radxa to fix it.

@anon39001862
Can you perhaps check if the headphone jack is working on Android 11 RockPi 4C?

Hi Mo,
Thank you so much for your effort. Can I ask if your code is open sourced? Iā€™ve tried to build the default Android TV 9 following the official tutorial. The result was quite frustrating - neither WIFI nor bluetooth work for me.

@Ingram_Kim Wifi and bluetooth is working correctly on Android 9 firmware build with the tutorial for RockPi 4B. Code is the same as Radxa one with added Google apps.
If you have RockPi 4C you need to use Android 10.