[ROM][Android10][RockPI 4] Android Q Firmware Release

No, It is very difficult.

@Lili
I can’t get gpt.img to boot from high speed micro-sd, same problem that was on Android 9 but was fixed.I updated to latest Android 10 sdk code already.
The recovery screen, firmware erasing only shows about 2 seconds then it just gets stuck on the bootanimation.
If I use update.img on emmc then the recovery screen, erasing firmware takes a lot longer and firmware boots correctly.
Is there still a bug with micro-sd booting?

I will try with other micro-sd cards too and reformat and test more.

DSI display support:
Can I use DSI displays (such as the official 7 inch Raspberry display) with this?
If so, could you please point me to some instructions on how to do so?

Great work.
I get problems with my HP EX900 1TB M.2 NVMe. Every time I try to connect to the internet with WIFI or cable the rockpi crashes and reboots.
Is CEC supported in this version?

1 Like

WI-FI LTM 8830 (Qualcomm QCA9377) does not work how to fix the problem?

@Lili

Hi

Is it possible to update the Android-Q SDK code again?

I am struggling to get Magisk to work…
I was able to extract boot.img and patch it with MagiskManager, but found no way of flashing boot.img.

Can anyone help?
Am I doing this right?

In Maskrom mode, tried with:
upgrade_tool di -b boot-patched.img
but failed:
Program Data in /home/song/.config/upgrade_tool
parameter is invalid,please check!

Same here with an Intel 660P 512GB. Connecting to Ethernet cable or to Wifi and a few seconds later the screen freezes and the Rock Pi reboots.

1 Like

So after failing with Android on NVMe, I’m trying to get the old SD card boot working again. I think I probably need to do something to the SDI boot image, but I’m not sure what. I tried shorting pins 23&25, but that alone doesn’t enable me to once again boot Android from SD. Do I clear out the SDI somehow, or is there another SDI image I need to transfer for SD card boot?

I figured out how to empty the SPI using the “Erase image on SD Nand” instructions here https://wiki.radxa.com/RockpiS/dev/sdnand-install. I’m back to running Android 10 from the uSD card. I’d prefer to have the issue with networking fixed so I could run from the NVMe, but this will work for now.

Yeah, i tried with intel 660P, too. Same result. All my NVMe disks are built in PC now. I will order another HP for testing with a stronger power supply (12V 65watt) next month. It could be the solution to avoid reboots and provide enogh Power to suplly both, wifi and NVMe.

I used your uboot on SPI and Android boots fine from USB. Befor installing latest uboot, i used Android TV on eMMC. What do I have to do to get AndroidTV running on the eMMC again?

where to download,link please.

where can i find this tool link please.

All Rockchip Tools are here

Any update to Android 10 SDK?

Please check if RockPi 4 RK3399 SDK can be updated.
I want to build a ATV firmware.

@Lili

1 Like

In allot of places it is stated that the Raspberry Pi Official 7" display works in Android 10, yet I cannot get it working. I have built Android 10 from source and it runs fine but only on HDMI. My 7" display works fine with Android 7.1 (No touch) and Ubuntu.

Does anyone else have it working with Android 10?

You need to build Android with the kernel dts file for the touchscreen.
Not sure if it is there.

Yeah I figured as much. Please see my other thread https://forum.radxa.com/t/android-10-and-official-raspberry-pi-display/8192 that is dedicated to this issue since it might be useful to someone else. The detail might lost in this thread. I welcome any feedback or suggestions.