RockPi 4C+, how to install SPI Flash?

hello, I purchased some spi modules, but idk in which direction to install the chip?
Can someone post a guide, pictures, any help?

Winbond 25Q64FVSIG

1 Like

Thank you, was it easy to solder on? The pins closer to the gpio look hard to reach.

Hello, the Winbond 25Q64FVSIG SPI flash has been soldered on, how to I install uboot/flash the chip? I’m completely new to this.

1 Like

Hi i want to know too .It seems like there isnt an uboot for rockpi4cplus.
Im trying to use (https://github.com/inindev/rockpi-4c-plus/tree/main/uboot) .Need help

1 Like

Hello, can someone help

Anyone from development able to point me to a how to? I would like to flash the spi chip that I soldered on

Please, can someone provide a 4C+ doc on flashing the SPI chip?

There is no spi image generated from 4C+, you even you solder a spi flash on the board, you don’t have the image to flash. I suggest you use SD card + NVMe SSD instead.

Thank you Jack. is there a how to for the sd + nvme?

First, you need to make sure there is no bootable system installed on the SD card, otherwise that will be used to boot. The easiest way to do so is using fdisk to create a new partition table, and create the new partition starting from 16MB offset. This way the rest of the space could be used.

Then follow this page to install U-Boot to your SD card.

How do I install the OS to the m.2 drive?

You need to boot from SD card … RockPi 4C+ - Tutorial to Boot - Debian - From USB (SSD)

I just wrote a how to guide with my own process, following Jacks advice.

@Beniamin,

Can you share the How-to guide for booting from the USB?

Regards,
-Ron