Rock 5B Boot Loop

No, nothing appens.
It is a software problem as I told before, only the kernel upgrade makes my screen black on reboot. I’m pretty sure that this problem is not only mine.

I tried with another monitr and the screen is working! What strange behavior!

1 Like

Sometimes cables get the best or us… try both hdmi ports maybe… idk… but rebooting… is different than the screen going black…

Edit sometimes it helps leaving it at 59hz instead of 60hz depending on whats the maximum the screen/monitor/tv can output…

I had the bootloop issue using this power supply I bought off Amazon:
Nekteck 60W USB C Charger [GaN Tech], PD 3.0 Fast Charger[USB-IF & ETL Certified]

I switched to my Google Pixel 6 phone power supply and it booted right up.

1 Like

I thought i would add my experience after have to recover from a boot loop this seems like a good thead

My rock5b debian system had about 250 days uptime and was happily chugging away at it’s job, until i got a notification that it had stopped. Tried to SSH into it but no dice and no ping ether, I had just done some updates the night before so the timing was suspicious.

Power cycled it, no change. I thought that a bad software update had taken it down somehow so i removed the eMMC flashed it reinstalled, still same issue. i started with debian, then tried ubuntu.

I finally plugged it into a monitor i realized that it was boot-looping. I have been using a HP 45w chromebook charger and have never had an issue. Tried another computer charger that didn’t work either. Had a cheap travel adapter with USB-c and boom it fired back up. After some testing i decided to try it’s original 45w chromebook power brick and it works fine again.

I’m not sure if my software update had anything to do with my failure. I basically jump started rock5b with a budget travel adapter, and that seemed to get it going.

This has kind of shaken my faith in the rock5b

1 Like