[Recovery] TWRP 3.2.3-0 released

Dear community

I am very happy to tell you that I have adapted TWRP 3.2.3-0 for rockpi android 9.0. It may still have a lot of bugs, but at least it works.

Download link
Source Code

Write the recovery.

adb shell reboot loader
upgrade_tool di -recovery ${recovery_path}
upgrade_tool rd

Reboot to recovery

adb shell reboot recovery

2 Likes

有错误我愿意当小白鼠,呵呵。刷坏也不赖你们

@Lili: It may help people if you were to provide instructions on how to boot it.

For example, is there an equivalent to “fastboot boot” that can be used to boot it without installing it? Or is this something that has to be booted from an sdcard for manipulating the emmc?

Is this image also compatible with Rock960?

And for something that follows logically from the availability of a recovery, have you considered a method by which to perform a system image upgrade without destroying the userdata?

再等等,还有一版适配了Magisk的固件要发。

1 Like

No, this image not compatible with Rock960, We will provide an OTA upgrade package, but I need some time to test it.

报告,root以后暂时不稳定,一授权应用就自动关机。

你授权的应用发我试试,我安装试试看

稍等,我不知道怎么发,我把应用名打出来在https://www.apkmirror.com/搜就可以搜到,暂时就试了两个, 一个Titanium Backup,还有一个OpenGapps,下载链接是https://opengapps.org/app/

To make the Magisk zip work perhaps it’s also needed to change the default value of
BUILD_WITH_MAGISK_SUPPORT:=false to true in device/rockchip/common/device.mk, Boardconfig.mk files if not already done.

After rebooting, there will be a new Magisk icon, open it and it will ask to do additional setup.
After it’s done, reboot and it will be rooted.
Apps that require root will then have a prompt on startup to grant root access, then choose ‘Allow’.
Inside the Magisk Manager app you can change the apps that already have root access to still have root access or disable root access for them. Some apps that refuse to work on rooted devices, you can also choose to hide root access from them, then they will think the system is unrooted, Magisk is not installed and the device is Google Certified. This helps a lot for some streaming apps that only work on Google Certified devices, then you can trick them into thinking the device is Google Certified.

It’s always a good idea to run Magisk Manager before logging into your Google account.
If you are already logged into Google apps like the Play Store then clear data/cache of all installed Google apps first for better compatibility if using non AndroidTV firmware.

你好,原来你发布的东西其实很完美了,是我自己的问题,刚买了个电源,被耍了,还是牌子货,我晕。供电不足所以自动关机

Can you please chare a twrp version img ? I cant build a android system by my own, with root. Please help me out

https://github.com/rockchip-android/TWRP/releases/download/3.2.3-0/TWRP-rk3399-android9-3.2.3-0-fb0.img

好的,了解了,有问题反馈就好。

拼命实验中,貌似ss科学上网有点呆滞,有时间试试看。。Google应用拼命转圈圈,ss数据一动不动,当然这是一时一时的,但比较频繁,这是我跟我手上老板子上两年多成熟稳定版7.1做对比的结论

提醒一下大家小心某宝那些啥第一卫之类的算是牌子的电源头,严重虚标,我买了两个,一个所谓qc3.0,一个5v4.8a,供电不足垃圾到十几分钟自动关机一次,专门去买了个电流表,准备打官司

Thank you very mutch but I mean the System Img, because of the magisk support falue @mo123 is speaking about. Do I have to flash this with adb over pc?

The last version is support for magisk:[ROM][Android9.0] Android P firmware released

Yes, you need reboot to loader mode.

Dear @Lili, I will search for a Tutorial on how to reboot to that mode, liste of it, first time, because Im new on this board :grin:

Anyway thank you very much, you helped me a lot.

Can I ask you something else?

In android TV I have a option of setting display to 8bit. On normal android 9 version its missing. I need it because my display colors are inverted in normal android 9. Is this option hidden somewhere? Can I change it meaby with abd over Pc? :innocent:

And to do all this I need Linux, right? There’s no update_tool for windows?

Dear Lili, please give me some help with the 8 bit stuff, is it possible on normal android 9? Tv version is unusuable for my project xD

Best regards