Radxa 10.1 HD Screen Not Working

I don’t want to hijack other threads, but I have the 10.1 screen from Radxa and I loaded the recent December image for Ubuntu and Debian which have a new enough kernel, added the dtoverlay, and the display doesn’t come on. I read this thread:

dmesg doesn’t see the screen, hopefully it’s also not dead like my first Rock 5B board?

I have the same type of problem with the 4K camera. Am I cursed? Trifecta of dead screen, dead board, dead camera?

Maybe it’s still bad power adapter?

how i it plugged in? could you post a picture

So, I’m not sure what changed, but I had the board off for a couple of days. Powered it on and the screen has power. I posted in the thread above as it doesn’t seem quite right with the display mode and whatnot. It is plugged in the same as the one in the other thread…

Power adapter is also big part of it. Even if power adapter works with one distro it may not work with another.
For my case with HD screen was caused because of the problem running apt install -y linux-5.10-rock-5-latest from the documentation
For me apt was not working properly (GPG error). When solved apt pgp error using this page it worked for me. I haven’t tried the camera yet.

@rth may be it would be good idea to provide some information like your current kernel uname -r. I am not that much experienced with Linux but I see there are some folks around with deep experience.

It’s using kernel 5.10.110-34-rockchip-gca15bbe36e6c

I’m using the power supply from the Radxa store and the screen does light. I did notice that in XFCE it doesn’t see the right resolution of the display, but I also plugged in an external display and it doesn’t detect the right resolutions with that one via HDMI either. xrandr shows a number of display resolutions via HDMI, but only 1280x1024 works (monitor is 1920x1200 which doesn’t show in xrandr).