QUAD SATA HAT PWM CPU Fan not spinning

Hello,

I bought a QUAD SATA HAT KIT for your Raspberry Pi 4. I assembled it, everything is working fine, except one thing: the PWM CPU Fan not spinning.

I started to test it and when the QUAD SATA HAT is not connected to the Raspberry Pi, it’s spinning.
But when I connect it on the GPIO port, it’s not spinning, just for one second when I turn on the Raspberry Pi (give the power).

Even if the CPU temp reach the 45’C - 60’C it’s not spinning.

Videos about the problem: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rKDo3vGc4j_P9gDxn288f6r9V5eEeQM1?usp=sharing

What could be the problem? The CPU fan? The QUAD SATA HAT? Something software related?

Many thanks,
RayMond

do you have your pigpiod service running?

Yes, it’s running:

pi@raspberry-pi-4:~ $ service pigpiod status
● pigpiod.service - Daemon required to control GPIO pins via pigpio
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pigpiod.service; enabled; vendor preset:
Active: active (running) since Fri 2020-11-27 04:06:17 CET; 8h ago
Process: 461 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pigpiod -l (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 473 (pigpiod)
Tasks: 6 (limit: 4915)
CGroup: /system.slice/pigpiod.service
└─473 /usr/bin/pigpiod -l

nov 27 04:06:16 raspberry-pi-4 systemd[1]: Starting Daemon required to control G
nov 27 04:06:17 raspberry-pi-4 systemd[1]: Started Daemon required to control GP

@setq do you have any idea what could cause the problem?
The CPU fan or the QUAD SATA HAT?

Do you have other code running that might interfere with the assigned GPIO pins?

To my knowledge no. You can see on the video it’s not spinning after I turn on the QUAD SATA HAT (just for a second). I think the CPU Fan is not affected by any code running on my Raspbian OS (it should boot up first).

I got a new CPU Fan from Allnet China and it’s working fine!