Quad sata hat no devices

Dear All I’ve a problem with my Quad sata hat. I assembled the board with my raspberry pi 4 b v1.1 and 4 2 TB HDD’s. After running the script “curl -sL https://rock.sh/get-rockpi-sata | sudo -E bash -” and rebooting I got the message:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ systemctl status rockpi-sata.service
● rockpi-sata.service - Rockpi SATA Hat
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/rockpi-sata.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Sun 2020-05-24 18:15:27 CEST; 23min ago
Main PID: 425 (python3)
Tasks: 11 (limit: 4915)
Memory: 22.7M
CGroup: /system.slice/rockpi-sata.service
├─ 425 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/rockpi-sata/main.py on
├─1282 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/rockpi-sata/main.py on
├─1286 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/rockpi-sata/main.py on
├─1290 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/rockpi-sata/main.py on
└─1293 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/rockpi-sata/main.py on

Mai 24 18:15:27 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started Rockpi SATA Hat.
But the command ls /dev/sd only shows: ls:Access to ‘/ dev / sd’ not possible: file or directory not found
and in deed there is no sda or sdb … in the /dev folder.
All LED’s are blue and also the rest is fine fan is running etc. but no devices visible or accessible.
Does some of you know a solution for this topic?

1 Like

What will the commands of ls /dev/sd* and lsusb output?

Hello setq, the output of ls /dev/sd* is the same as with ls /dev/sd ls:Access to ‘/ dev / sd*’ not possible: file or directory not found
The output of lsusb is strange it shows a Western Digital device but there is none, the HDD’s are all Seagate BarraCuda 2TB.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1058:0a10 Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2109:3431 VIA Labs, Inc. Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

It seems that the hard disk is not recognized, please try to replug the connector.

Dear setq sorry for the late response but I was busy elsewhere. I checked the connector and it seems that the contact were not proper after fixing that the hard disks were recognized and everything is working fine.