Quad sata hat kit

what hard drives are you using ?
was hoping to re-purpose some seagate backup externals but unfortunately they are too big i seen where it says up to 20 tb but in the size for the format of the hat i would only see 4 2 TB drives unless ssd. unfortunately don’t have the kind of money to throw 4+ tb ssd’s in the device for testing.

any chance another batch later on will allow for larger drives like the 15mm 2.5 drives…i mean even if its not the same size as the raspberry pi 4 would be nice to have 20 tb of hard drive storage in such a small package…and with some removable hot swap bays could definitely increase the price per kit but some would have a use case for it.

been tinkering with my kit since i got home and think the build quality is good but could use some re tapping of the threads after the paint i broke the threads off one of my small standoffs trying to get it threaded in.

Hi
2 x WDC WD5000LUCT-62C26Y0
1 x WDC WD5000BPVT-22HXZT3
1 x WDC WD6400BEVT-22A0RT0
Regards

3 x 1TB WD Blue WD10SPZX for me… i only need 2TB in raid5 config for now… will add the last 1TB when the need arise…

if you need 20TB of storage, you’re better off going with 3.5" drives for better reliability… failure rates increase exponentially for higher capacities in 2.5" drives due to the extreme platter densities…

4 x Seagate 2TB BarraCuda 5400 RPM 128MB Cache - ST2000LM015

i brought my quad sata hat when the listing said max 16tb, now it says 20tb. Is this a new hardware revision or a firmware/software update.