One step forward

@tarsot, what type of contribution would you be doing? I would be very happy to see what you are working on.

@irqisequalto, I usually work with different projects under Docker for ARM on Linux. Soon, I will update my GitHub repositories so that they can be consulted.

That would be awesome, looking forward to it!

Hello everyone.

Is the competition for a Rock Pi X still going on, or am I to late for the party?

Anyways: Iā€™m working on a minimal Linux-based operating system optimized for running Docker containers. Iā€™d really like a similarly minimal x86-based platform for developing and running this on, as I think it would make an perfect companion for the Rock Pi X.

1 Like

How could I only get to know about this now? This would be perfect for what I was planning on doing.

I was planning on doing cheap thin clients and a blade server with RPis, but they kind of suck for this purpose, so I had to stop. I had even made some drawings about the enclosures and diagrams of the circuits that I would use.

An x86 platform with the same form factor as the RPi will probably make those two projects possible, so is the free sample program still going on after more than 2 months? Because I would like one (or two, for the blade server project).

How is the performance running Collabora Code document server?

One the the problems I have self hosting Nextcloud on ARM is the lack of a document server which requires x86 packages. The x86 Rock Pi X seems like an interesting option here considering the low power consumption.

[Edit:] I just applied for a sample. If I can get a board, iā€™ll test both Collaboraā€™s document server and OnlyOfficeā€™s document server (which are both better supported on x86 than ARM). Otherwise, if other owners can post their experiences on testing these, iā€™d be really happy too :smiley:

For the love of god. Am i only one who met BSODs like itā€™s normal event? Itā€™s driving me insane. Temperature ~50-60 degree. Image is Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC. All drivers are installed from zip archieveā€¦
2020-11-26%2001_33_10-BlueScreenView%20%20-%20%20C__Windows_Minidump

Okay, now that i tried a few things.

Did. Anyone. Installed. Intel HD Graphics?

Did you ever have any more success installing Windows 7? Iā€™d surely rather install Win 7 than anything newerā€¦at least for my needs.

Sadly nope. There is only one thing i can think of and itā€™s inserting vga drivers in bios, but thatā€™s questionable decision at best.

Yeah, I wouldnā€™t want to try. That said, Iā€™ve been trying to get Win 8 to install and it does alright but then it comes time to get the drivers installed and some of the ones for Win 10 arenā€™t compatible. It does seem to run faster than Win 10 so Iā€™m gonna keep trying.