No signal -tried multiple PD and not chargers

Hi all!

Just tried my new Rock 5 but can’t get a HDMI signal. Tried multiple chargers with PD and without. The only thing I can see is the green LED and I’ve managed to get the device into Mask Mode or whatever it’s called.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

These are poorly designed crap. Send it back and buy a board from a reputable company.

And dont take my word for it, just look at all the troubles people are having.

1 Like

Thanks! Not there yet :slight_smile: If it doesn’t work with their own power supply and cable I will do so.

Mine still didnt. Its when i officially gave up on it and them.

Ordered an “S” from FriendlyARM and will get a regular from Pine64 when they are done. Neither of them will release a product until its ready.

I’m having same issue. I can SSH into the R5B but can not get hdmi out. I thought it was my PD but after 8 different PDs and 2 constant power adapters (12v4a) tried Advanced IP scan and found R5B on network. SSH into it and it works great… except I can not get HDMI out.
(Clarification…only issue after apt update and apt upgrade. I have HDMI before this step. Afterwards, no video out)

In your case: what’s the resolution of the monitor you’ve got plugged in? I know the board supports 4K HDMI resolutions, but it doesn’t seem to be enabled out of the box.

There’s a solution over in this thread:

I’m running with dual 1440p displays and, after adding the DTB overlay listed there, not having any issues.

1 Like

I’ve got a 1080 monitor.
What’s weird is that it worked fine on initial boot, but not after apt update & upgrade.
I’ll try…your suggestion.

Solved…it was my monitor. It’s my bench monitor age 15+ years old. It has been reliable for all my system testing until now. It still works with my windows boxes…just an issue with my Rock SBCs.
Anyway, 100% with my R5B.

Had a lot to learn. But now the board is up and running. Booting from NVME (no SD card) and with h/w acceleration enabled -snappy desktop, chromium and 4k playback in kodi. My use case is a little chromium, qbittorrent, remote desktop and file sharing (via SMB) -not really using this device for media playback as I have both a Nvida Shield TV Tube and the new Apple TV 4k (kodi and infuse) but more as a 24/7 power efficient desktop connected to my LG OLED TV in the living room.

I’m using ,

and very happy with it -no problems with booting from the NMVE without SD card as with other releases.

Waiting for the ROCK 5B METAL CASE to be available again -I’m running with the blue little passive heatsink and the temperatures could be a bit better.