No display activity on top hat

Recently got some parts from digikey so I could create my own PHD cable since mine was missing. Bought a bunch of extra female housings and jumper cables in case I messed up. Have currently tested with 2 separate homemade cables with the same result: top hat fan will spin up, but nothing will display on the OLED and the button doesn’t seem to do anything currently. Set up the software and top hat config by following the wiki.

Fairly certain the cables are good, so it must either be software or possibly a bad top hat?

Hi MNProto,

Can you let me know how you connect?

Do you mean how do I connect to the NAS. I typically will SSH into it, but also have directly connected with micro hdmi and a keyboard and mouse.

If you’re talking about how I connected the top hat to the sata board, I used two 2x5 PHD connectors and 10 jumper wires to create a cable. Same as the stock cable.

Can you access the hard drive?

Yes, all hard drives are accessible. The system seems to function just fine except for the top hat.

Please tell me the print of i2cdetect -y 1

It isn’t pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2 etc.
If row 1 is pins 1-5 and row 2 is 6-10 the wiring is 1-5, 2-4, 3-3, 4-2 and 5-1, 2nd row is 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 and 10-6

@5ft24 Thank you! That was the problem. Good catch!

I built 2 of them as well before I figured it out LOL