M.2 E-key - with two PCIe Gen2 x1 lanes or one?

Hi.

Continuing the discussion "Coral Edge" module to the "M.2 Wireless" slot?

M.2 E-key - with two PCIe Gen2 x1 lanes or one?
Since “M.2 Accelerator with Dual Edge TPU” requires two lines.

One lane.

See the M.2 E Key definition table. https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock3/hardware/3a#4.M.2_E_Key

1 Like

Thanks.
I don’t understand “definition table”. I don’t understand very well yet.

I think Stephen means Pinout, the pin signal definition table.

1 Like

It requires two lanes to work in dual mode, with one lane it detects and works with one tpu.
Still You can get adapter for NVME slot (there are two lanes there) as well as muxed adapter for E slot (this allows to run two tpus on one muxed lane).

1 Like

Thank you. Do you have a link with an example of such an adapter? Googled, did not find it.

sure:

1 Like

Hi @dominik or any able to support, I want to use the M.2 Accelerator with Dual Edge TPU in PCIe 2.0 x1 slots. I’ve an Asrock H110 pro BTC+ which I want to fill with many devices as possible.

Are you aware of some cheaper solution capable to do that?

Would be there any performance limitation because of bandwidth?

Thanks!

1 Like

This is out of topic for this forum, it’s x86 mainboard for some btc minning. For sure there are many better places to ask. Dual Edge (m.2 E) TPU is very specific, You will have some heat and energy problems. If You have space just use regular TPU in that slot. If You need more TPU and You know what to do with them - then buy asus 8x or 16x TPU card. Today best choice is nvidia with orin devices.

Yes - look for SBC’s with integrated NPU, they are up to 6Tops (copared to 4T from google single core).

There is some information about that on bottom of github page above. Yes - that adapter cuts some bandwidth and increase latency but on some workloads it’s better than one TPU.