ISSUE - POWER OFF/UP - Raspberry PI (4/4Gb) : quad sata kit : issue when power off

Hi,

For… 35th times I’m going to reinstall my Raspberry pi 4 (4Gb v1.1) with Quad HAT kit.

Why ?

For unknow reason after setup Raspberry, setup 4 disks, installer HAT software, installed OVM, if I’m click on shutdown : no way to restart. Or restart idle no light no way to SSH.

Only 1 option : format microSD (SANDISK - 32 Go - Extreme).

Anyone have idea about my issue ? I’m bored, My project look like dead end.

Regards.

I had the same issue once, it happened to me when I changed the name of the Pi from Raspberrypi to MiniNAS in OMV. Could still ping the pi on it’s ip but no more SSH, had to reflash image on sdcard and start over.

Not sure if it is related to changing name though…

most of the time, after you install OMV, your IP address will +1… meaning if your old IP address is 192.168.1.5, it will become 192.168.1.6… you should reboot it a few times and then look at what is ur new IP address from the OLED status screen…

installing OMV with quad hat should not have much issue… BUT i noticed something…

NEVER INSTALL OMV VIA SSH… one of the installation packages is a ssh, and it will kick you out before OMV completes installation and aborts…

You need to enable SSH in the Web admin page.

I know this fact (after around 40 reinstall due of lot of issuee.

In my case about the related issue : OLED screen display nothing, All 4 blues leds (I’ve 4 disks) are fix

Did you try to connect to the UART and see what the logs are during boot and/or login via the UART?

You can launch OVM installation from SSH but use screen to avoid lost connection and have issue

Possibly going into Emergency Mode because fstab is being processed before the hat is being activated. To work it out, I told the Pi to run in 640x480 mode (not automatic resolution) and hooked it up to a crappy HDMI telly. Pop the card out and edit the fstab directly if you can, or modify some files in the boot partition. Trying to fix this myself using instructions in “This is the issue with the quad sata and raspbian”.