Introduce ROCK 5B - ARM Desktop level SBC

1 Like

Why Radxa keeps claiming POE support on the packaging for version 1.42 if it doesn’t.

You who were talking about a shitty disaster, after 4 months here, the only thing that I find positive is the change of place of the SD card, it’s meager.

do we have to talk about the two heatsink mounting holes under the M.2 card slot?

They are verification plates, so only a small number of products are used to confirm mass production,
It’s good for everyone, but I’m too rubbish. I can only follow everyone’s footsteps,I need an acrylic shell for rock 5B

It might help a little if you elaborate on which problems you have with PoE support. There’s the 4 pin header to transport the PoE supply voltage into an optional PoE module and to feed back 5V into the board. I would believe it’s there not just for fun and the Ethernet jack is one with integrated PoE Magnetics connected to the header. But maybe I’m totally wrong.

That’s known since 8 weeks or so

1 Like

naively I thought things would happen here.
I don’t have Twitter.

It was posted in the thread where some of the magic happened and I always tried to keep track of relevant changes in my review.

you have nothing to reproach yourself for, I really appreciate the fervor of everyone here.

thank you for reminding me that I validated the new draft, certainly I was delighted with the SD slot and told myself that they had done their best for the heat sink,
the same for the M.2 when I had asked for explanations at the beginning of July without response thereafter, and that I deleted my posts, so I was aware.

I do not blame anyone except me, because I ask Radxa, which must take over the Raspberry environment, to do something else.
Seriously the discussion was wrong from the start.
I have no raspberry product at home so I smile.

I need a 5G network unit and a light server for my personal and domestic use,
the RK3588 should in my opinion fulfill this role,
and I find the RK3588S is sufficient for IoT / workstation / Development board,
but others see it differently.
those who buy the rock5 as a Comput/ Dev board will get a great deal, in my case it’s not worth it.

I will wait until 2023 and see what the new year has in store for us before jumping on the existing Intel solutions.

is the shipping date still october?

You are aware Amlogic paid Baylibre money when they started Amlogic porting?
" It was a match made in heaven: two years ago AmLogic and BayLibre joined forces to bring top-notch support for AmLogic SoCs into the mainline Linux kernel.

Since that time AmLogic has continued to become one of the most relevant and widely used silicon vendors in the world. Similarly, BayLibre has expanded the variety of SoCs, drivers and frameworks supported upstream all while supporting a growing number of OEMs basing their products off of recent kernel releases.

Along the way Baylibre has collaborated with a great community of product makers, kernel hackers and hobbyists to improve the AmLogic Meson SoC support in mainline Linux. We’ve added support for 64-bit SoCs, new drivers, and we’ve become maintainers for the AmLogic platform in Linux.

Our goal is straightforward: AmLogic system-on-chip processors should be so well-supported in the mainline Linux kernel that OEMs will go to market using the latest stable kernel release.

Last year at Embedded Linux Conference 2017 and this year at Linux Conf Australia, Neil Armstrong gave a well-received talk on our work. This post expands on Neil’s presentation and provides an update on some of the changes we’ve been involved with recentl " source

Several stores on aliexpress have Rock pi 5B for sale!

Even a new TV box RK3588, Android 12 is now on sale, availability of RK3588 devices improve.

1 Like

must be a big frustrated to agree to pay this price to intermediaries.

Sounds like the gates are open.

Just got a note from Aliexpress that a couple of vendors are selling Radxa branded 5B production boards now… tho for quite a bit more than retail ( $250 USD for the 16gb model. Ouch )

HI
October 1 in China start the Holiday. The holiday will last a week. Until 7 or more, everything will be closed. I understand that until October 1 you will not have enough time to ship the copies reserved for January 2022.

hi. the codes will be send again? thanks!

Hello Radxa I preordered on 11.01 and wonder when the board will be available on allnet. My feeling is that it should not be released until all accessories like psu, enclosure, wifi card, … can be found in store also. Can you give short feedback?

I got email from allnetchina.
20 minutes later (when im read it) it’s no in stock. So it doesn’t matter who bought the codes in what order?

1 Like

I got email from allnetchina.

Me too. I clicked the email link on my phone and it looked like the 16GB model was in stock! But I went to my PC and it was out of stock. When I went back to my phone and tried to add the item to my cart, I got an “out of stock” error. I also can’t see how to get my preorder discount code. All I have is a $5 receipt from months ago, but no discount codes.

EDIT: Official reply (email) from AllNetChina:

Hi [my name],
We are preparing the rollout of the pre-orders right now.
There is work done on the store which might have caused this to happen…
Sorry
ALLNET China

4 Likes

it was ephemeral, just as you had time to validate the basket the product was out of stock.

I hope that these few available units have been acquired by users, who will have real use and not by resellers who will let their units sleep in drawers.

1 Like

Bro, i was taking a midday nap. Just woke up, saw the email, tried to stay calm, went to the computer to gather all the products including the board…then saw sold out…

All confused about what just happened…came to the forum, saw other bro’s also being left with …“blue ballss”…its so painful,

1 Like