Has anyone gotten Open Media Vaults docker to work?

Armbian Bullseye
OMV6

I can install OMV just fine (to EMMC or SD), but I have been trying for days now to get the OMV-Extras docker to install and start.

I think it boils down to a docker socket issue, but I don’t know where to go from here.

Setting up docker-ce (5:20.10.23~3-0~debian-bullseye) …
Job for docker.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status docker.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.
invoke-rc.d: initscript docker, action “start” failed.
? docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/docker.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d
±waitAllMounts.conf
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2023-01-27 19:40:22 PST; 15ms ago
TriggeredBy: ? docker.socket
Docs: https://docs.docker.com
Process: 5038 ExecStart=/usr/bin/dockerd -H fd:// --containerd=/run/containerd/containerd.sock (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 5038 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
CPU: 251ms
dpkg: error processing package docker-ce (–configure):
installed docker-ce package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
docker-ce
Unable to fix docker install. in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/omvextras.inc:296
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(619): OMVRpcServiceOmvExtras->{closure}(’/tmp/bgstatusad…’, ‘/tmp/bgoutputPY…’)
#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/omvextras.inc(298): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceOmvExtras->doCommand(Array, Array)
#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod(‘doCommand’, Array, Array)
#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call(‘OmvExtras’, ‘doCommand’, Array, Array, 1)
#6 {main}

Thanks Stuart! The post you linked had the answer in it.

update-alternatives --set iptables /usr/sbin/iptables-legacy
update-alternatives --set ip6tables /usr/sbin/ip6tables-legacy
Reboot
Install docker again from the GUI interface!

Thanks!
Rick

1 Like

Hi all,

Looking for to use the Rock5B with any (recent) version of openmediavault,
Is that doable ?
any tuto that show all steps to install OMV on an armbian already running distro ?
…or is there any other ISO coming with OMV ?
Thanks for any sugs !
/Terii :yum: