This is what I’ve been waiting for long time for any RK3399 board, a fully desktop Linux OS with mainline kernel, HW acceleration, Panfrost graphics and VPU drivers specially if you’re not a Linux expert, a ready made friendly image that works out of the box for the newbie and enthusiast SBC user, it runs fast too, even from uSD:
- Currently on 5.8.17 kernel
- MPV build to support Mali T-864 MP4 GPU
- Firefox fully optimized to support Panfrost HW acceleration.
- Built-in several useful software including, Kodi, USBimager, Retropie, Myandroid, Discord, Wine Desktop, Midnight commander, Remmina, Retroemulation(Dosbox, lutris, mupen64plus, ResidualVM, SNES9x, ScummVM, Redream, ZSNES), etc.
- Armbian Focal Mate based
- Boots from uSD, eMMC and NVMe
- Many visual perks
- OpenGL games included for testing(Panfrost OpenGL 2.1 only)
- BOX86 support for Mali T864 MP4 GPU
IMHO, This is the only way to get new users and Fruity users as well to venture into RK3399 boards. RockPi4C is recommended because it offers the most features at the lowest price.
After booting for the first time, resize partition on uSD or eMMC with included gnome-disks utility.
Still in alpha state but fully functional, if you wanna give it a try:
Many Thanks to Salva for his efforts by taking such initiative to promote all RK3399 boards with an Universal OS. @Ptitseb for his BOX86 contribution.
Known issue: Bluetooth audio has some stuttering noise
Update(11-13-20): A new Armbian-Reforged OS version with several improvements and fixes is coming up soon! Stay tuned.
Update(11-17-20): a New Armbian-Reforged V1.0 version is here:
Download Latest Armbian-Reforged V1.0 from here: