Freezing Rock 5B with Rsync transfer

If I cleanup the buffer / cache if it reaches 10GB … the rock5b will survive … he’s not freezing …
so maybe my memory is faulty or something else.
I will contact the supplier and ask for a new one …

Maybe others with this issue can try to reproduce it ?!
and give a feedback

Try running memtestfor some time,
Try same thing with additional cooling, About year ago I had such issue with my nuc box, I added more RAM and it started to work unreliably. I found out that two RAM modules will heat up and then they are not that stable, same thing with additional fan solved that issue.

@Christoph_g @eysteinh

See:

This may be the same problem, where we found the solution.

So be sure to update the SPL bootloader on SPI-NOR, even if you are booting from another medium.

2 Likes

as I can reproduce this issue with
„memtester 15000M 3“
with all tested OS‘ , I think it‘s hardware related… and I was able to catch this

any further ideas?

is there a bootable memtest86 für rock5b out there, everything I tried failed booting from sdcard and usbstick…

Have you even tried flashing spi-nor?

in regard to your howto? yes I did, but after that I wasn‘t able to boot anything. I had to recover the boot sector. so i guess I did something wrong….

I‘m not sure if I did everything right when running through your howto.
maybe you can provide it in a personal message or mail in german.?

Check your pms :partying_face:

this solved my problem,
As I was in contact with radxa support, I told them they should have a look into this post to provide the SPI on their homepage.
Big Props to the guys who found this solution at write the howto for the medium skilled once :smiley:

1 Like