I’m trying the quad sata hat on raspberry pi 4.
Here are my feedbacks and problems :
- the fan on the hat works a while, and no doesn’t even start. The cpu fan is working, the oled and button too.
- the speed disk is ugly. In standalone disk, lvm, or mdadm, I can’t have more than 40MB/s in write. Not even 90MB/s in read.
- disks are very hot. Hdparm can’t work to sleep the disks
- the fan should be reverted for better cooling. I got 15°C less reverting the cpu fan.
- maybe it can be good to split the service between powering disks and oled/fan management. If we modify anything in conf file, restarting the service will make the disk detected as a new name and break the storage. Maybe it can be good to have a dedicated service to startup the board and disks and keep it running.