Armbian images are now available for Rock 5b!

They were 100% the same as all others. Just Armbian tries to keep standards.

@marc059 Have you installed the Panfork driver via ssh? I had HDMI handshake errors causing a flashing cursor at boot up also until I installed Panfork.

Which image are you using? You might bump into another problem. Jammy Gnome worked for me, while others below were broken, I think with or without this driver.

XFCE kinetic rolling 5.10.72. But Iā€™m going to switch to Jammy today.

Cruising on Armbian jammy gnome now.
I think i will happy for the time being.

Do someone know how I can change resolution to 5120 x 1440?

1 Like

Hi
Jammy is
on intel optane nvme 16gb. it seems working fine. My problem is 65w usb c from monitor not workingā€¦restarting all the time

Hi, I am bit confused about nvme boot, are your running on nvme or emmc ,
please clarify ( as per armbian site, nvme boot is not working but read somewhere in the forum that it does after latest spi image update).

It is nvme + sd. Must have both to run Armbian.

1 Like

Nvme only.
Armbian is included in radxa nvme boot wiki

Rock 5 page got silently updated with Bullseye and Jammy ā€œsupported variantsā€.

1 Like

Thank you for your clarificationā€¦

Install/Boot to SD card, update/upgrade everything, sudo armbian-config > System > Install > 4 Boot from SPI - system on SATA, USB or NVMe.

After this does its thing, you will NOT need an SD card to boot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope. Just green light and nothing else.

Oups now it is up and going. After some restarts. Thanks

After 5. or 6. power cuts is working. Something is about power. On usb c from monitor is not going to woke up, only on usb charger 5v.

That (SPI boot loader) doesnā€™t work for me either, no matter how many times I reboot. However, using the SD card as the boot loader with all system files on the NVMe works great. For now it will have to do.

1 Like

The same for me except that fact that Iā€™m using an insane 12.6v 10a dumb power source (shared with router and an ethernet switch). So I think that this is not power related.

1 Like

Iā€™m fairly certain itā€™s not power related either, because Iā€™m able to use the other methods with the 65 watt power supply Iā€™m using (borrowed from a mini pc) without any problems.

1 Like

it boots fine from nvme on my second rock5b (4GB). However I canā€™t setup sound in gnome. I see three analog outputs. Neither of them works.

All I did loaded SPI, flashed with balena etcher to nvme in enclosure. Boots! Added standard set of firmwares for ax200 and looks really good.

Do you mean doing Install the Image to SPI Nor Flash and Install the Image to NVME SSD ?
Do we still need using sdcard to boot armbian from NVMe?

Also for those using armbian, do we get better desktop than official radxa ubuntu/debian images. I mean no graphical glitches on either xfce or gnome?