Armbian - Hide taskbar/panel

Hi,

Does anyone know how to auto hide the top taskbar/panel? Also when I bootup Armbian boots with 2 “activities” windows open allowing me to select 1, how can I remove this and boot straight to the desktop?

Thanks

System

Host: Radxa ROCK 5B
Kernel: 5.10.160-rockchip-rk3588
Shell: bash 5.1.16
Resolution: 1920x1080
Terminal: /dev/pts/0
CPU: (8) @ 1.800GHz
Memory: 1258MiB / 7688MiB

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately “Appearance” is missing from my settings options. Settings has “Background / Notifications” but not “Appearance”. I’m Googling now to see why this is and if I can add it.

Thats cause u havent installed ubuntu-desktop
sudo apt install ubuntu-desktop
Choose gdm3
That means your armbian desktop will become like the ubuntu desktop. Gives you more options.
Why armbian doesnt has them? Or doesnt make it more cooler ? Idk… the armbian penguin is anti clown fiesta.

My Armbian has it (Jammy XCFE Desktop)

Using gdm3 breaks my desktop:

Wow this actually completely broke my desktop. Half of my shortcuts no longer work (all of the ones that look distorted, the just white ones). Even armbian-config no longer opens.

Interesting turn of events. I removed ubuntu-desktop and switched back to lightdm. Decided to reboot just in the possibility something might change.

It will no longer boot. I get the green light, then the blue. It is a solid blue, nothing on the display, reset and power buttons do nothing. Only way I can shut the board off is unplugging it, but plugging back in results in the same occurence.

Does it get an IP? Can you ssh to it? I had the same problem when messing with gdm/lightdm. I think I fixed it by reinstalling armbian-desktop or something From the terminal.

But if there’s no ssh you’re out of luck

Yeah, there is no ssh