Stuck in boot loop?

Well this was certainly a shitty way for the day to start. I’m unsure where to go from here. I would rather not start from scratch if anyone has ideas.

The board just powers on and does nothing, green light comes on, then blue and it just sits at solid blue.

Alright so, blue light flashing would mean the kernel has been loaded? So i’m guessing the kernel is not loading.

I was using Armbian Jammy XCFE Desktop before this occured. Any ideas on how to fix this? The OS is on an SD.

Check UART output

1 Like

Excuse my ignorance, still somewhat new. How can I go about this? I have the RKDevtool on my PC and it does find the board in maskrom but that’s all I can get so far.

Thank you for the response.

I need a USB to TTL cable don’t I?

Hello, yes, you are correct. You need usb to ttl cable and connect it to the uart pins (there is article on wiki regarding which ones)

I seem to have the same issue.

Also, with other images I get error waiting for root file system when booting it.

Anyone know a work around for this?

Mine is a bit different, I get absolutely no display to the screen

I am attempting to follow the armbian recovery here: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Recovery/

I am getting a bit lost though. The sd card shows as /dev/sdc, with partitions sdc1 and sdc2. sdc1 is armbi_boot, so my assumption is I should be working with that. However, when I attempt to extract the .deb packages to the mounted partition, it errors out. I cannot mount the entire sd card either so i’m unsure where to go.

AHAHAHAHA

well, I fixed it in the most absolute hackish way.

I installed the same armbian .img I had used before (fresh) on another sd card. I then inserted the new sd in the rock5b and inserted the old sd in a usb reader into the rock5b. To my surprise, when I booted it up, it booted into my old sd, just using the new one’s boot partition.

So, I just mounted both partitions and copied all the files from the good one into the old one and we’re back up and running just fine. LOL.

That’s great! Which image did you flash? “Armbian Jammy XCFE Desktop”?

“Armbian_23.02.2_Rock-5b_jammy_legacy_5.10.110_gnome_desktop.img.xz”

1 Like