Archlinux on Rock5b

After trying to get docker running on arch, I noticed iptables service (required by docker) was failing:

modprobe: FATAL: Module ip_tables not found in directory /lib/modules/5.10.66-27-rockchip-gea60d38

I did not update kernel yet and am still using the one from original debian radxa image.
I know some tricks had to be applied to get docker working on other dist (like armbian) but not sure if this is the same issue here.

Anyone with same issue? Shouldn’t iptables service supposed to run properly?

Or maybe that’s because I didn’t install kernel bsp package and required modules are not populated?

Currently installing bsp-kernel package, noticed dtbs paths given in extlinux.conf were incorrect.
I’ve seen @gnattu made a PR, so I suppose new extlinux.conf should look like this now:

label arch-linux-bsp
kernel /vmlinuz-linux-rockchip-bsp5
initrd /initramfs-linux-rockchip-bsp5.img
devicetreedir /dtbs/rockchip
fdtoverlays  /dtbs/rockchip/overlay/rk3588-uart7-m2.dtbo  
append   root=UUID=29a94882-5add-4f09-8cc5-3f43918624fa earlycon=uart8250,mmio32,0xfeb50000 console=ttyFIQ0 console=tty1 consoleblank=0 loglevel=0 panic=10 rootwait rw init=/sbin/init rootfstype=ext4 cgroup_enable=cpuset cgroup_memory=1 cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1 irqchip.gicv3_pseudo_nmi=0 switolb=1 coherent_pool=2M

EDIT: after trying to use updated kernel and above config, board is stuck after reboot (blue led on forever even after multiple attempts)

Note that this is meant to be working with Radxa Deian & Ubuntu bootloaders. I dont know how it works with Armbian bootloaders so you have been warned.

could it be related? as I had updated my SPI for armbian image before

devicetreedir should be /dtbs/

This is mine(Don’t copy everything, the UUID will be different):

label Archlinux
    kernel /vmlinuz-linux-rockchip-bsp5
    initrd /initramfs-linux-rockchip-bsp5.img
    devicetreedir /dtbs/
    fdtoverlays  /dtbs/rockchip/overlay/rk3588-uart7-m2.dtbo
    append   root=UUID=67ad0e7b-3914-48d6-97c2-c48e5e0e405b earlycon=uart8250,mmio32,0xfeb50000 console=ttyFIQ0 console=tty1 consoleblank=0 loglevel=0 panic=10 rootwait rw init=/sbin/init rootfstype=ext4 cgroup_enable=cpuset cgroup_memory=1 cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1 irqchip.gicv3_pseudo_nmi=0 switolb=1 coherent_pool=2M

Ah ok thanks, got confused in paths
Currently all my dtbs files are in /boot/dtbs/rockchip folder, and will make devicetreedir pointing to /dtbs then.
We will see if it solves my boot issue.

EDIT: everything working good now, I’m now booted in latest bsp kernel and it fixed my iptables and docker issues.

uname -r
5.10.110-34-rockchip-gca15bbe36e6c

next step will be compile and install custom bsp kernel with gofaster patches and this board should rock :slight_smile:

symlinking worked, thank you :slight_smile: libGLX also missing
Compiling the PKGBUILD from ffmpeg4.4-mpp gives error at line 215. Is there an easy fix for that?
Greetings

Have you tried to install libglvnd?

libglvnd and panfork is also in conflict. i think it should be symlinked to libGL.so.

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2.0 /usr/lib/libOpenGL.so.0
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2.0 /usr/lib/libOpenGL.so

shoudl fix the issue

1 Like

is there a prebuilt image for archlinux

I think @gnattu made one

i will reupload on my server so it can be downloaded with wget sipmly and i will post the link here

1 Like

i am downloading the image to my server so in 5-10 minutes i will post the link

the image is up: rock5b-alarm.iso.tar.xz
to download just click on Archlinux image (just ignore the other german stuff ecxept you want to play with me and my friends satisfactory then contact me)
Download speed is 6Mb/s (i am in italy so download speeds may vary arround the world)

1 Like

thank you symlinking worked :slight_smile:
It looks like there is an error in PKGBUILD of ffmpeg4.4. Had no luck compiling it.
Greetings

could you paste output to somewhere?

I think Line 213 should have a done to end the loop.

1 Like

oops, yeah you are right, fixed the things in the repo

PS: to actually use ffplay4 and etc, one needs to manipulate LD_LIBRARY_PATH and point it to /usr/lib/ffmpeg4.4 to find correct libraries when both ffmpeg5 & ffmpeg4 is installed. Those binaries are only for testing so i did not specifically manipulate rpath of them. To prevent misunderstanding, the binaries in ffmpeg4 is for testing, actual libary is very useful for the actual system. ie: VLC player

Today is the power unstable thats why i shutdown my server so maybe tomorrow i can turn it back on again without fear of data loss

Where is this AUR :slight_smile:

sure, thank you in advance :slight_smile:
/home/newarchie/build/hw_necromancer/rock5b/ffmpeg4.4-mpp/PKGBUILD: Zeile 215: Syntaxfehler beim unerwarteten Symbol »}« /home/newarchie/build/hw_necromancer/rock5b/ffmpeg4.4-mpp/PKGBUILD: Zeile 215: }’
'==> FEHLER: Konnte die Quelle von /home/newarchie/build/hw_necromancer/rock5b/ffmpeg4.4-mpp/PKGBUILD nicht bestimmen`

i think your repo is not updated, do a git fetch and then git pull. or download the latest archive from github if you did not git clone it previously.

1 Like