YouTube TV - NOT working on Android TV Ver 7.1

One of the MAIN reasons I purchased the Rockpi4B is for an STB for YouTubeTV.

I installed the latest Android TV 9 image without success. None of the apps appear to install from the Google Play store. Nor do installed apps update. Everything results in being stuck downloading.

I installed the previous version of Android TV 7.1 - it appears to work MUCH better - Kodi working fine, as well as others.

However YouTube TV - results in a Playback Error - Can anyone shed any light on this?

Did you try this version?
https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartYouTubeTV/releases/download/6.16.89/SYTV_Vlive_v6.16.89_r.apk

have you tried an old version of that? It is available on apknite store.

Hi, As your YouTube tv is not working, then you can make it work by making sure that your YouTube TV has the right permissions. There are apps that need certain permissions to work in the right way, and YouTube TV is no different from this. You can also enable your phone’s location permission or YouTube TV won’t work properly. On an iOS device, begin with the Settings application and then select the option of Privacy. Now press the option that says Location Services and ensure it’s enabled by swiping the button to the right. Here in the application list, just click YouTube TV and ensure While Using the App is selected. In the end, start the Settings app and choose the option of Location. Don’t forget to check that the Use Location enabled by swiping the button. Click the option of App location permissions to look for YouTube TV and then choose the option of Allow only while using the app. This will resolve the issue of why is youtube tv not working on spot.

If YouTube TV is not working on your Android TV running version 7.1, there are a few things you can try:

1. Check for updates: Go to the Google Play Store and see if there are any updates available for the YouTube TV app.
  2. Clear the cache and data of the YouTube TV app: Go to your device’s settings, select “Apps” or “Application Manager,” find the YouTube TV app, and select “Clear cache” and “Clear data.”
  3. Check your internet connection: A weak or unstable connection can cause problems with streaming apps.
  4. Check for Android TV software updates: Go to your device’s settings and check for any updates for your Android TV.
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the YouTube TV app: This can help if there are any issues with the app’s installation or files.
  6. Contact YouTube TV support: If none of the above steps work, contact YouTube TV support for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue or provide information on known compatibility issues with specific versions of Android TV. If still issue arises I suggest you to check the guide Why YouTube TV not working.