X2L won't boot at all - just a single flash of the red LED

Just for the record, the failed (out of the box) X2L that I have originally reported on here is the 8GB version without EMMC. I also tried multiple PD adapters (with 12V support, not all PD adapters support 12V output), to no avail.

I still have not sent mine in for replacement because the post to send it to China would cost roughly $40 which is about the same price as a brand new 2GB X2L. I am hoping someone discovers a solution to this problem that doesn’t involve physically returning it at my expense.

it’s been nearly 3 months since this was first reported and others have reported the same issue. Has there been any determination of whether this is a full hardware failure or is there possibly some way to revive this board in the field without returning it?

Hello friend. it seems that the current on your board has never exceeded 0.6A, and the LED light has not remained continuously red/white. Could you please take a video of the LED status when the board is powered on?
It appears to be a problem related the power failure on the board, and we are unable to address it effectively remotely.