Windows 10 Price

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how much Windows 10 costs when you install it on the Rock Pi X?

Thanks!

You should probably just look in an online shop for software. You only need a license. These are available from €10. But that is here in Germany, it may be different in your region. MS has very strict rules when it comes to used licenses. That varies from country to country.

Hi Ron,

Thanks very much for your reply. However, I confess that I’m a bit confused because when I look on places like Amazon they all seem to charge around £100 for Windows 10 but when I look at some places like this:

[https://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Windows-10-Professional-CD-Key-(Digital-Download).html?setCurrencyId=1&google=3918dus783&gclid=CjwKCAiA-_L9BRBQEiwA-bm5fkg4hAvSDm3y8yPfdwwDupI4R-p1z5eksBK0TfZry95DTcQp8pjYohoCfq8QAvD_BwE](http://CJS CD-KEYS)

…they are only charging £10 and I’m afraid it might be a scam.

Is there some special version I should be searching for or reliable websites you can recommend? Any pointers much appreciated!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I don’t know how it is in the UK with used licenses. In Germany and most of the EU countries, the MS rules were not recognized. A product that you buy can also be sold again as long as you no longer use it. I look if the reseller is MS certified and if yes, than it is ok for me.

I now understand - I didn’t know that they could be re-used.

Many thanks!

Also buying an OEM license is cheap, $10-$30.
But then you can’t change any of the hardware eg. hard-drive, RAM, CPU, motherboard, if you do then you need to buy a new license again.

The $100 licenses are for lifetime eg. you can change the hardware inside you PC as much as you want or even use it on a different PC after removing it from the 1st PC.

Since the RockPi X doesn’t use removable parts, an OEM license would work fine too if you can’t buy a used license.

Why do so many people use Linux instead, because it’s free and better and without all the Microsoft spyware.

Thanks! And yes, I only install Linux so Windows is a bit new to me from the installation point of view.