Windows 10 GPIO I2S Bus for a DAC on Rock Pi X

Hello,
I am working with the Twisted Pair Audio Opus DAC board with I2S Bus input and I2C Bus inputs. I have Visual Studio 2019 installed along with the SDK and WDK to write device drivers and have the audio driver testing code compiling on the Rock Pi X 4GB/128GB board running on Windows 10 Home 64bit OS.

It is ~50GB of development system and trying to find info is interesting. I have the Intel Atom X5-z8350 CPU SOC GPIO 40pin connector info and see the open I2S Bus pins on the board. The question is what are the names of the pins and how do you control them? I see things like portcls.h header for C++ that is supposed to be used, but wading through it is very interesting,

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Any information about GPIO use in Windows 10 for I2S Bus access? Looks like the drivers for the GPIO are loaded, but no information on accessing them. Is there a Intel or Microsoft document to read about use?

I have the same problem, the king is naked, there is a GPIO without any instructions for windows 10.

Same problem too. An update from the team would be nice. I bought this board to run Windows AND have GPIO. If I wanted just a GPIO, I would I have gotten a Raspberry. If I just wanted Windows, I would have gotten regular computer. In its current state, this board is a scam.

Radxa team, respond.

2 Likes

Yes what’s going on here I can’t find anything about this, not even a pinout. I’m assuming the GPIO’s aren’t just for decoration?

Did you look here for the info:

RockpiX - Radxa Wiki

I am also looking at the Aaeon UP board as it has the GPIO and same Intel Atom CPU as the RockPiX SBC. There is some info there. No WiFi or Bluetooth on that SBC.

The MS Visual Studio 2019 audio demo device driver they show will compile and run on the RockPiX from my trials. Still waiting on more RockPiX specific info on the use of I2S Bus via the Intel SoC. Best I have found so far for Windows 10 use.

MS Visual Studio 2019 audio demo device driver

Do you have link for that?

Here are the different Kernel Mode audio driver types and demo code for Windows 10. They have been around for many years.

Kernel-Mode WDM Audio Components - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

1 Like

@jack,
Have you tried the Visual Studio 2019 audio driver demo code with the RockPiX?