Win10 wifi not working

just decompress it into a folder, and update the driver from the device manager.

How do you update it when the device doesn’t show up in Device Manager?

It’s always there, it’s one of the Unknown device.

please download and install the other drivers here first:
https://dl.radxa.com/rockpix/drivers/windows/ROCKPiX_driver_archive_20200904.zip

I’ve gone through every Unknown Device. None of them are the WiFi. They’re either the SPI drivers or the Sideband Fabric Device. They’re all recognized, all the drivers fail to install.

I have also installed the wifi driver from this archive but the device still will not start.
broadcom 802.11ac wdi sdio adapter and bcmfn2 device were both unable to start as in your earlier post

1 Like

found the answer here:

the solution - copy the 4345r6nvram.txt file to C:\Windows\System32\drivers
After I did that and rebooted, the wifi worked.

hope this helps many who faced the same problem

I’ve made the same experience than you with the recent version of Windows 10 pro.

There are 4 drivers that I can’t install from the archive :
Intel Power Management IC Device
Intel Serial IO SPI Controller
Intel Serial IO UART Controller
Intel Sideband Fabric Device

I also don’t see no device concerning the Wifi adapter and the Bluetooth in the list of the devices and unrecognised devices, and it seems there is a probleme with the Nuvoton driver, because of some problemes detected with ACPI.
For the sound driver, I think the probleme is linked with the Intel Power Management IC Device that is not installed.

1 Like

I have installed the drivers that were linked above but my WiFi adapter still has the error:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

FWIW, the bluetooth is complaining there’s another device that needs to start.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try to get my WiFi working?

I solved my problem!

In the Windows archive of drivers there’s an extra instruction to put a file in \windows\system32\drivers

You’ll find it here: Drivers\Z83-4 WiFi driver\Readme.txt

Just in case, extra information. The driver Broadcom is providing is for USA, so channel 12, 13 and 14 are forbidden
networking - Windows 10 doesn’t detect Channel 13 SSID - Super User

I do not see that file path in the archive i have from: https://dl.radxa.com/rockpix/drivers/windows/ROCKPiX_driver_archive_20200904.zip
Is there some other archive?

I’ll be honest I don’t know where I got this. It was clearly from some other forum or website.

This is the archive that I have saved for my Rock Pi X (warning it’s 250mb & has extra drivers).

1 Like

Thanks!

Im still not seeing devices for WLAN/BT in device manager, nor a WLAN adapter in CPanel after placing that txt in the system32/drivers directory. it cleared up most of the other “unknown devices” just still have no WIFI.

Go to the device and click update drivers. Specify the directory that you expected the archive to.

He wrote:

Than this can’t help:

Is it possible that the WLAN/BT device is disabled in Bios or did you see Unknown Devices?

Its not disabled in bios and there are no devices listed as “unknown devices” the only thing listed with a caution triangle is “nuvoton SST Nau88l24 Codec Device” due to a “This device is currently waiting on another device to start (Code 51)”. To be clear, this is with a copy of windows installed from the media creation tool, with all of the provided drivers (and ones referenced in this thread) installed. installing from the WIM provided allowed wifi to work fine (meaning there is no hardware or bios issues) but I’d like to be able to build my own images from base.

1 Like

@Phil so you are officially a member of the Nuvoton club. If you are interested in that issue, see the thread Audio jack and Nuvoton not working

It appears that issue (nuvoton) persists when using the install.wim, or a clean Win10 image, odd.

however i don’t particularly care about audio output for this particular application, but do need access to the Wifi radio. Any other tips on how to get the radios to register with a clean win10 install?

I have 5 of these boards, 3 are destined to become timeclock punch kiosks and the other 2 will remain for testing and development. so i will be able to dig into the audio issue once i get the first 3 setup.

你如何安装的啊,我也碰到这个问题卡住了,我看到解压后是很多文件啊,如果放入驱动的