Wierd issue: Radxa Zero2 Pro 16GB EMMC - trouble accessing SD cards when I boot to linux on EMMC

Hello Experts, I am having an issue with my Rardxa Zero 2 16GM EMMC. If I install CoreElec 20.2 linux to the internal storage, and boot to it, I cannot access any SD Card in the SD slot. It does not show them as a source. I do not have this issue with my Radxa Zero original 16GB. Core Elec shows the SD card contents right away. It shows up as a source and I can play movie files from the SD card without any other steps. Alternatively, if I try to install Core Elec 20.2 to an SD card, and boot to that, it fails on startup with the error code below and does not make it through the first bootup.

Starting debugging shell for boot step: mount_flash… type exit to quit
Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount UUID=3006-1615

Is it possible to get CoreElec to recognize the SD card storage? So I can use both the EMMC and sd card slot? Maybe if I moun the sd card via command line which I am not sure how to do? If I SSH to the Radxa Zero 2, and type the ‘mount’ command, it does not list the SD card storage. If I SSH to the Radxa Zero Original 16GB with CoreElec 20.2 installed on the EMMC, I can see SD Card storage listed in the mount command which shows: /dev/mmcblk1p1 on /var/media/power1tb type fuseblk (bunch of options here)

Update: if I plug in a USB-C SD card reader adapter, Core ELEC immediately recognizes the SD card but when I insert it into the SD card slot, it does nothing. It does not recognize the SD card storage for some reason.

I have the same issue with my Zero 2. There seems to be a problem in the SD card driver in CoreElec. Maybe you can post in their forums?

1 Like

I think that may be the ticket. I just tried the CoreELEC beta/nightly release and it did not address the issue. Also was talking to a really helpful youtuber named MicroLinux and he said something along the same lines- that it’s probably related to the ‘device tree’ in the CoreELEC build. I already made a post on the CoreELEC forums and the guy just linked me to their generic support website that explains how to provide them with more information which I did, and no help so far. So I will keep an eye on it.

1 Like

Hey I saw your post on their forums as well, thanks for that info! :slight_smile:

Hi I just wanted to pass along, I tried the latest nightly from CoreELEC 21 beta 2 from December 19th and looks like they have resolved the issue from what I can see. I popped in my SD card in the onboard slot and the file manager GUI showed it right away, and could play a file perfectly!