Which touchscreen do I need

Sorry I also haven’t much experience in hardware and compatibility so I have to ask. But I think I should order this screen and test it if its working. I think we can stay in contact and im still interested if the touchscreen you ordered works.

Another question. You talked about the Radxa Zero2 below. Do you know it is already buyable?

Zero2 still in the pipeline but moved to the production revision I think so could be fairly soon.
Really interested in that one as R0 was ok and beats the pi but a g52mp4 is a big step up from a g31mp2 gpu and much better than the single core g52 Lite in the Rock3.
Hopefully it will be fairly soon and make the wait for the Rock5 less so, much of my testing will be on a RZ2.

Its ok ask away just quote model and reiterate as my memory is awful.

That sounds cool. I think I should also buy it when its fully released.

The touchscreen worked. I want to use Manjaro but as you see in the image the icons don’t look very good. But that’s a first step. The sound also works. Which OS do you use?

When I did try it was the TwisterOS image but a manjaro fan myself but was just toying with the idea of emulelec and a DiY console.
For a normal desktop don’t think I will use a tiny screen but presue you can change much of the above by fiddling with preferences.
I got the 5" LCD but waiting eagerly for a Radxa Zero2 so its on a todo list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the Radxa Zero 2 already aviable??

(generally speaking I got a massive amazon deal when speaking about LCD touch screens. I will post the link as soon as I come home, It would be cool If we could make a Discussion about the screens that work out of the box. A collection of links would be wise and cool I think.)

Best Regards

I’m building a tiny console :slightly_smiling_face:
7 Inch Touch, got a Keyboard with mousepad, 20000 mAh Lipo, 4 Free USB Outputs.

I’m struggling a little bit with the Case, especially with the hinge design.

It would be cool if we could share those kind of projects and exchange ideas and knowledge.

2 Likes

Yeah thoughts are console based as just curious to what I can come up with.
I am waiting for a RadxaZ2 but likely something similar.

I think I made a blunder again as think this one may have an autoscaler in it so it will scale down and prob have an edid for 1080p which really isn’t what you want for a console.
But prob have a look at a couple as they sell quite easily on ebay so not a total loss if wrong.

EmuElec looked quite interesting but haven’t really decided yet.

What are you pricisely building? What do you want to run on the console?

I have so many Ideas… and the SBCs are getting better every year.

You mean sell the consoles on Ebay or the SBCs??

I’m now also building a cluster… and I’m also trying to come up with as many scripts as possible that I can run 24/7, at least one thing on each of the SBCs.

@stuartiannaylor what is actually your technical background?

Best Regards

That sounds cool. What for a battery are you using and with what are you getting the USB ports?

It would also be interesting for me to know what the Radxa Zero 2 has for changes compared to the first version.

Just the LCDs that don’t make the mark.

Console is just a pet project of what you can do with a ‘builders’ DiY version.
The Mali G31Mp2 and small format size of the RZ0 got me interested.
The upcoming RZ2 has sort of rekindled that as a G52 MP4 is even better and thinking yeah could be sort of cool.

Haven’t bothered with the battery until see what can be emulated and what will run natively but there is a port of Doom3 that sort of runs even if FPS is a tad slow.

It will keep me busy until the Rock5 is released and garners the support needed :slight_smile:

It will works with Android image installed??