What screw size is used for WiFi module?

My Rock 5B arrived yesterday and I’m trying to install Intel’s AX210NGW and noticed that the included screw doesn’t fit into the screw hole on the top side of the board but it will fit in the screw hole on the bottom of the board for the NVME slot.

Does anyone know what screw size is required for the WiFi module M.2 slot on the top side of the board?

It’s same size as the one for nvme, just checked on my board and same screw worked perfectly.

Yep correction it is the same size but on the nvme one it has a little raised up section to guide the screw in whilst the wifi one doesn’t, which makes it very finicky to get the screw in.

M2. 3mm.

@Marc_Brooks does AX210NGW working well?

I just tried a M2x3mm screw and it does NOT work unfortunately for the A+E Wifi Slot …

EDIT: it actually works (0.4mm pitch), it’s just VERY difficult to get it to start to screw in. It seems to turn “idle”, but you just have to keep going for like 1 minute, change a bit the angle maybe, then it will finally start to screw in all the way :sweat_smile:

The way to get the screw to fit is to turn it backwards and feel for it becoming colinear with the thread. By turning it forward for a minute you’re probably making sure to cross-thread it…

Nah, I don’t think it cross-threaded / re-threaded it. I think it finally aligned. I just don’t know why it took so long …

Note that this was a “standard” cheese-head / button-head M2x3 screw, not really an M.2 ultra wide head screw. Nonetheless, it works …