Using new images CM3

Hello! Tell me how to use the new images (for example this one: https://github.com/radxa-build/radxa-cm3-io/releases/download/b24/radxa-cm3-io_debian_bullseye_cli_b24.img.xz)? I write to the SSD using balenaEtcher, to the EMMC using rkdeveloptool… Doesn’t work at all. Please help!

Do you use CM3 + CM3 IO board ? can you show more details about your operation, How does it not work?

Yes, I’m using CM3 + CM3 IO board. All images work for me with the old 4.19 kernel (https://github.com/radxa-build/radxa-cm3-io/releases/tag/20221101-0118) (this was the last working version before the new b24 was released). I do everything as described in the wiki. To record to the EMMC I use rkdeveloptool, to record to an SD card I use BalenaEtcher. All versions of 20221101 work on EMMS and SD cards. With versions b24, I do the same thing to record on an SD card or in EMMS. But the system does not boot. I noticed that the old version of the image has 2 partitions (boot and root) with an offset of 16 MB. The new image has 3 sections. The first one contains 2 files. It is not clear what to do with them. The second section is “boot”, but for some reason it is empty. The third section is “root” and there is a folder “boot” and it already contains files for downloading. I don’t understand how this image configuration can work. After all, in the old images the configuration of the images is completely different. I think something needs to be done with the new image, but I can’t find information about it anywhere. Community help needed.

@feng As I know ,the new version can be flashed and work fine,so please help to check what happened

I tried several modules and different SD cards. Doesn’t work for me anywhere. And I don’t know what to do.

Is the burning successful? Is there any log output on the serial port,Is there any more information we can analyze?

This is the log I received

Strange, I connected the RХ and TХ debug port together and this made it possible to boot. How to fix it?

In this case, there is a high probability that your serial port has garbled characters, causing kernel selection to stop. If you can try turning off the kernel selection menu in /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf.

Ok, disabling the menu worked. Now everything is loading. But the update breaks everything. You need to edit this file again. There are still 2 questions. 1. Why is there no rc.local file? What’s the alternative now? 2. How can I set the GPIO value in the line for transferring kernel settings to u-boot?