Using external U-Boot/Kernel in RSDK

To create an image, I need a customized kernel (configuration changes, RT patch) and, if necessary, a customized U-Boot. I used the provided sources for this:

I created the Debian packages according to the instructions and copied the finished packages to the RSDK directory under ./debs/. During the subsequent creation of the image, errors occurred. The creation of an image without the external packages was successful.

I have attached the log file of the creation process, as well as the log file from out/radxa-cubie-a5e_bullseye_cli/rootfs/var/lib/dkms/radxa-overlays/0.2.9/build/.

I started the creation process as follows:

rsdk build --debs ./debs --debug radxa-cubie-a5e bullseye cli 2>&1 | tee ../rsdk-radxa-cubiw-a5e.build

In the log file, I see that the custom kernel and the kernel from the Radxa repository are being installed.

Get:2 file:/workspaces/rsdk/out/radxa-cubie-a5e_bullseye_cli/rootfs/srv/local-apt-repository ./ linux-image-5.15.147-12-aw2501 5.15.147-12 [16.6 MB]
…
Get:7 README bullseye/main arm64 linux-image-radxa-cubie-a5e all 5.15.147-12 [2588 B]

Is that the cause of the subsequent error?
How can I prevent the Radxa kernel from being installed?
Is similar behavior to be expected with the U-Boot?
How can I prevent the Radxa U-Boot from being installed?
How can I generally “overload” a Debian package with my own one?

RSDK-Build.zip (26.1 KB)

This looks like it is installing packages from your local debsfolder though.

Seems your kernel header is broken. Please provide file list under your debs folder.

I copied all the *.deb files from the U-Boot and Kernel build into debs:

.gitignore
linux-headers-5.15.147-12-aw2501_arm64.deb
linux-headers-radxa-cubie-a5e_all.deb
linux-image-5.15.147-12-aw2501_arm64.deb
linux-image-radxa-cubie-a5e_all.deb
linux-libc-dev_arm64.deb
linux-libc-dev-radxa-cubie-a5e_all.deb
u-boot-aw2501_all.deb
u-boot-radxa-a733_all.deb
u-boot-radxa-cubie-a5e_all.deb
u-boot-radxa-cubie-a7a_all.deb
u-boot-radxa-cubie-a7z_all.deb

Get it to work. Was my fault.

Is it correct that only Debian Bullseye is working? As it reached end of life in august 2024, i would like to use Debian Bookworm / Trixie on new hardware. How can I do this?