Use old DVI monitor

Does anyone know how to use a DVI monitor, together with a passive hdmi-dvi adapter cable, on the Rock5B?

Doing that hasn’t required anything special for me. If it doesn’t work, you can try using the other HDMI port as some dtbs only have one port enabled. Otherwise, your monitor may have a resolution that the video output driver doesn’t know how to display—what resolution is it?

I am using one too and am sub 1080p, there are some weird issues with official radxa android where you need to no have HDMI connected then plug in after boot, and some linuxs builds I have used also require extra code to work in boot.

I guess my monitor is not compatilble. I’ve ordered a cheap hdmi to vga adapter, see if I can use that old monitor this way. Thanks.

I can confirm that even the cheapest hdmi to vga adapter is working, even without an external power supply.

HDMI - VGA Adapter

DVI (Digital Visual Interface) is a video interface standard that is commonly used to connect a computer to a monitor. In vehicles, DVI monitors can be used for a variety of purposes, such as displaying navigation maps, rearview camera footage, or entertainment content. Some vehicles may also use DVI monitors as part of their driver assistance systems, displaying information about the vehicle’s speed, fuel level, or other status indicators.
Onroadz-Bike rental in Bangalore